vitamin/hair loss?

Cori T.
on 8/29/04 2:22 am - Neah Bay, WA
I forgot which vitamin is most important to make sure you have enough of to prevent or minimize hair loss... ?
Rachael E.
on 8/29/04 2:38 am
Protein, Dr. Weber says about 30-40 grams per day...he told me about 30-35 for me. Did he give you a goal weight and tell you how long it would take you to get there? Rachael
Cori T.
on 8/29/04 2:42 am - Neah Bay, WA
He gave me a goal of 140-150...and about 9 months as long as I stuck to the exercise regimine. XXXXXxxxcrossing fingersXXXXXXXXX Thanks for the protein info. I think he told me 40. So much info was coming at me and I was taking notes that I messed up on my notes a bit.
JustHat
on 8/29/04 4:44 am - NM
9 months. You must really impress him. Good for you. Even though your about a month behind me, I guess our goal dates are almost the same. There may be a party in our future.
Andrea W.
on 8/30/04 4:10 am - Kent, WA
Hair loss is something that most people go through after surgery and it is my understanding that it is from lack of protein..... Now, here is what I find interesting....... As you go through the pre-op stuff I am sure they tell you the correct number of proteins you should have daily......which is probably anywhere from 50-70 grams.....Which would be perfect for a 'normal' weight person! Of course I have been doing my own research and have found that the Harvard School of Public Health states that a person should have 9 grams of protein for every 20 pounds. And that a lack of protein can cause growth failure, loss of muscle mass, decreased immunity, and weakening of the heart and respiratory system. So using this theory a 300 pound person should have 135 grams of protein daily to keep themselves healthy and then for every 20 pounds they lose they can decrease the number by 9....... I don't know if this theory works and I certainly am not a doctor and I am sure doctors would not tell you anything to jeapordize your health.... but for myself, I would rather have too many proteins than too few!!!!
Most Active