HOme from surgery

Cat99
on 8/28/04 2:42 pm - Bremerton, WA
Got home Thursday afternoon... Yes, it was everything I expected!! But I am supposed to be eating 40 grams of protein a day in 6 small meals, and consuming 48 ounces of liquids a day!! Wow I can barely get thru half of that. I feel full and bloated. So Im not pushing it. Perhaps mine is just taking longer to go down than others. Im mostly concentrating on protein drinks and given up eating the pureeds meats etc, besides lets face it -they are gross!!! So I would like to hear from people on their favorite protein powder. And one other thing - I notice a lot of you are RNY. IS there really that big of a difference in your minds between the two? I m a VBG, i opted for this because I thought made less drastic changes to my body. Anway, if you have fav protein powders that give you a lot of protein per oz. please email me or message me here! Im looking for one to make smooties with! Thanks, Mary Mary W (VBG-8/23/04)
JustHat
on 8/28/04 3:12 pm - NM
Welcome home. It sounds like you are doing well with all of the expected intake problems. Don't stress it too much. Everyday it gets easier to drink. I like the Costco brand of protein. But, I really want to try some that I have heard great things about from some of the online places. I am sure that someone else will have more info for you. I chose RNY because I wanted the extra boost. Plus, I figured if I dump, I am more likely to stay honest with my diet. Sugar calls out to me all the time. Again, welcome home. ~~HAT~~
Kimanne B
on 8/28/04 10:34 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Welcome Home Mary!!! Glad you are doing so well
Most Active