Vitamin help plz

dscote4
on 8/27/04 6:05 am - Yorktown, VA
Hey all! My surgery is MONDAY!!! Woooo Hooo! Looking for the vitamins and stuff i'm supposed to have for when i get home....any recommmendations for online websites for them?? I need chewable/liquid multi-vitamin, iron, calcium, and B12 dots. Input appreciated. Smiles from Stacie
wls_opal
on 8/27/04 6:18 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi Stacie. I get my vitamins from two places - www.VitaLady.com and Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's doesn't have a website you can order from, but they're local (at least for me) and they have what seem to be good prices and no shipping charges, of course. I've also ordered from www.wlssuccess.com . Both Vita Lady and WLS Success are located in the Federal Way area I believe if you'd prefer to pick them up. Hope this helps. Evonne
Tanja Y
on 8/27/04 6:55 am - Wahiawa, HI
Hey I see you're from Ft. Lewis.......I am too I went to GNC at the PX and got liquid vitamins (not the greatest tasting but better then the chewables IMO) and the b-12. If you buy their gold card, it gives great discounts. On my first trip I saved $15....plus at GNC lets you return any item you try and don't like. I just went in and told them I had gastric bypass and he started pointing out all the stuff that works best for post-op people. Good luck on Monday!! Where are you having your surgery done? ~Tanja
Rachael E.
on 8/27/04 7:21 am
I just went to Target and got chewable centrum and to the grocery store and got chewablr b-12 ( you chew it and then stick it all under your tounge until it dissolves) and I also got mini iron pills and chewable calcium wafers there......I think it's about $18- $20 bucks all together for Derek and I every two months....not bad all together. It was fun meating you yesterday, I am sure we'll see eachother next week as well. Good luck to you! Rachael
JustHat
on 8/27/04 7:30 am - NM
I picked up liquid B12 at Walgreens. I have Centrum chewable vitamins that I like, but can't remember where I got them from. They are orange flavored. I looked in stores every where for iron and calcium citrate but couldn't find any. I hate buying on line because of the shipping fees. But, I finally went to the site my doc suggests. It is bariatiricadvantage.com. I got the mint flavored calcium and strawberry iron. I like them both. You can order from them using either your checking account or a credit card. And, the shipping for both was was under $4. BTW, they sent some samples of other things. Everything was tasty except for the chocolate flavored calcuim. I didn't like those much. ~~HAT~~
Chrissy P.
on 8/27/04 10:45 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi, I'm new here! My gastric bypass surgery is scheduled for October 14, 2004 at the WISH Center. I have never had such a combination of ecstatic excitement and mind-numbing fear in my life! But I'm doing it! Anyway, regarding vitamins, could someone tell me approximately how much to expect to spend per month on them all? Thanks.
imagrama
on 8/29/04 4:17 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
A few people in my WLS support group have said all you have to do is tell them you are a gastric bypass patient at GNC in Silverdale each time you go in and you get 25% OFF!!! I'm going to check with the GNC here in Gig Harbor to see if they'll do the same.
Craig E.
on 8/29/04 9:52 pm
Hey I hope that works, because if that's the case I'll use them too! Craig....
Most Active