one week and a day....

Rachael E.
on 8/25/04 4:48 am
So, only one week and a day to go...I am getting so excited/nervous....my nerves are SHOT. We are all moved in to our new home and everything is put away except for our 4 year olds room. I will be doing that today. I am LOVING our new home! I was doing great with the whole surgery thing until about 3 days agp...now it's all I can think about. My mind is consumed with excitment and of course thoughts of- what if this goes wrong?...what if that? All pretty normal I know. My pre-op is tomorrow after noon and Derek and I are taking the kids along- I am hoping it will help Dr. W to be extra careful with me- knowing I have three babies that depend on me. Derek is doing GREAT for those if you who wonder. He's down 60lbs. He looks SO SKINNY! We are in the midst of getting him a new wardrobe. I am so proud of him! Well, it's finally my shower time since the babes are down for their AM nap. Rachael
ncarter11
on 8/25/04 4:59 am - Edmonds, WA
I can only imagine the nerves! You are so close!!! You'll do great and I pray that the time doesn't drag on. Congrats on your house! And congrats to Derek! WOW 60 lbs! That's great. Blessings, Nan
Rachael E.
on 8/25/04 7:53 am
Nan, you're just around the corner....I bet you're getting so excited??? Thanks for the encouragement!
ncarter11
on 8/25/04 8:32 am - Edmonds, WA
I'm not *too* far behind you. Time is dragging and I only have small bouts of nerves - not bad at all. I hate waiting. So glad for this site! I am so looking forward to hearing how it all goes for you! Be well, Nan
Rachael E.
on 8/25/04 7:43 am
Thanks for being excited for me! Chocolate cake here I come......I think I will be going to Olive Garden for the last supper....nummy. I start my liquid diet on Tuesday and then Wednesday I am on clear liquids then I get my very own zipper to match you and Derek on Thursday. I am sure I will talk to you before then.......maybe we can have a play date this weekend? That encludes everyone out there.......if you all want to meet up and bring your kids- let's just find a place and time. I live right near a huge park, but there's a fair going on this weekend and I don't think I have the patients to deal with all of that and it's right next to the park. Maybe someplace in Tacoma???? I will be in Tacoma on Sunday (I am buying new drapes ) and we can all meet up at point defiance park if it's going to be nice...???? I can't believe how fast this past week has gone. Rachael
calvoso
on 8/26/04 1:14 am - My hometown, WA
Rachael, Only a wee****il you join the post-ops. Congratulations in advance. I'm glad to hear derek is doing so well. How come he doesn't post anymore? Go slow buying the new wardrobe. I bought so many clothes and undergrew them in less than a month. The charaties loved it I guess because they got clothes I'd only worn once before they were to big for me. I will admit it's fun to shop for clothes when the sizes keep getting smaller. Anyway keep us updated and you'll be in my thoughts for a speedy recovery next week. Calvin
lightlyspice
on 8/26/04 2:19 am - Oak Grove, KY
Congratulations on your new home and your being close to having your surgery. You are a great person and very giving. You will do great! Also tell Derek congrats on him being a loser of so many lbs. All I have to say is Go Rachel! Go Rachel! you can do it! you can do it!!!!!! God bless!
JustHat
on 8/26/04 2:57 pm - NM
What an exciting time for you. That is going to be some Christmas letter you send out at the end of the year. And, your all going to look simply great for it. BTW, I just checked out your profile and saw the pictures of the kids. So, you had a good start right there with a perfect family picture. Did Dr. W give you a goal weight? And, how long does he think it will take you to get there? Any chance Derek would update his page with some new pictures? I would love to see him. I assume he didn't have any trouble getting time off to be with you in the hospital. Is he taking extra time off when you come home so he can treat you like a queen? He better. We all know his email address.
vanessam
on 8/27/04 7:30 am
Rachael, The next week will go so quickly! Congrats and best of luck for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. ~Vanessa PS Looking at the pics in your profile, you have a beautiful family!
Most Active