Under 300 for the first time since 5th grade.

calvoso
on 8/26/04 1:00 am - My hometown, WA
Cori, The women definentaly outnumber us men on this board, but I like it. I read your profile and wow you are only 6 days from joining the post ops. Congratulations and please keep us updated after your surgery. I'm so excited for you. Calvin
karenyt
on 8/24/04 2:09 pm - Renton, WA
Calvin, Way to go!! Congratulations!!! Karen Thompson Open RNY 09-15-2004 WISH Center, WA
Kimanne B
on 8/24/04 4:37 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
You are SUCH an inspiration for people like me I'm so happy for you and your new revelations which lead to a better life all the way around. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I only hope that someday I can be as inspiring as you are ((HUGS)) Love God, Kimanne
calvoso
on 8/25/04 1:02 am - My hometown, WA
Kimanne, I really appreciate the compliment. I never thought of myself as an inspiration. I've always just thought of myself as just another obese person struggling to get rid of this weight. When I was in pre-op I read so many profiles and they were so uplifting I knew that I wanted to keep my profile updated in case anybody ever read it. I just read your profile. You are so close to your dreams and I was glad to hear you found an angel. I wish I would have had one going through this. Please keep us updated on your surgery date. Calvin
Kimanne B
on 8/25/04 1:25 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Calvin! Awww yeah, you are an inspiration for sure! If I lived closer, I'd have been proud to be your angel! Keep up the good work, oh.. and I did get my date of Oct 12, Colombus day! LOL Take care hun, Kimanne
calvoso
on 8/26/04 12:35 am - My hometown, WA
Wow Kimanne, October 12. You're getting very close. The time will fly bye I promise. I remember the last month before my surgery was a blur. Good luck and talk to you soon on the board and thanks for the offer of being my angel. Little late to offer though. LOL Calvin
ncarter11
on 8/25/04 2:38 am - Edmonds, WA
WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! Your story is remarkable and, indeed, an inspiration! Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us. I know you know how helpful it is! Thank you. Blessings and blessings, Nan
calvoso
on 8/26/04 1:07 am - My hometown, WA
Nancy, Thank you for the kind words and I'm happy to share my experience with anybody that will listen. I just read your profile and you were worried about regain. I won't sugar coat it. It can happen if we forget the program. My weight loss stalled the last two months until I shook it up and started a diet. There are ways to cheat this tool, but if you stick to the program you will be very successful. My brother had the surgery 2 years before me and he lost about 250 lbs after and he regained about 50 lbs back before he said enough is enough and started watching what he was eating and excersising which is what most people have to do to loose weight. He's lost about 30 lbs back again so he is feeling good again and very focused on what he wants to accomplish. He's done a great job for someone that is 4 years out. Only about three weeks left until you join the post-ops. Good luck and I'll see you on the other side of loosing soon. Calvin
ncarter11
on 8/26/04 4:48 am - Edmonds, WA
When I went to my psych eval I was asked a question about self-sabotage. I responded that I was confident in following post-op orders and program. I was worried most about long term. We agreed that I'd go in for a few sessions closer to a year out. I want to be prepared and make this work for me - for life! Learning about you and your brother's experience helps so much. Thanks again for sharing your story (and your bro's) and for your response to my post. Very kind, Calvin. God bless! nan
calvoso
on 8/26/04 1:08 am - My hometown, WA
Sonya, Congratulations on being a big looser. Your first month and you have a great attitude. I didn't get that upbeat for a little while, at least until I got back on solid food. You're doing so great. Keep us posted on your success. Calvin
Most Active