Under 300 for the first time since 5th grade.

calvoso
on 8/26/04 1:42 am - My hometown, WA
Suzie, Well then congratulations are in order. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep up the great work and if you ever have any questions for a fellow Spokanite don't hesitate to drop me a line. Calvin
tinktee
on 8/23/04 1:21 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hi Calvin, WOW this is an amazing story! CONGRATS to you on the new beginning of the rest of your life. I'm still in ahhhh over your wl. I'm pre-op and scheduled to have surgery on sept. 21, 2004. I never had a weight problem until I had injuries, found out I had Hep C, depression, PTSD and then the medications. The past five year's I have been blowing up like a balloon. Now I'm on new meds for other thing's My family fight's with the weight thing as we grow older. Anyway; Back to you, how has the new way of eating been for you over the past several months? Was it difficult or a breeze for you? Thanks for sharring Calvin! (Root) SIWL, Tee
calvoso
on 8/24/04 12:38 am - My hometown, WA
Terry, Thank you for the kind words. Your surgery is coming fast, you must be so excited. I have been one of the fortunate or maybe it's unfortunate ones from this surgery. I've only dumnped once and I can eat anything I want without getting the sugar coma or purging. The good thing is that I just don't want the bad things as much anymore. Every once in a while I get a craving for something and I have it, or at least a few bites of it. I'm very craefull on a daily basis on what I eat, but my weight loss stopped a few months ago. To kick start it I am on the Atkins diet now for a month as you read and it's working great to get the scale moving down. Good luck with your surgery and keep us updated. Calvin
JustHat
on 8/23/04 2:59 pm - NM
I can't think of anything else than WOW! It is great to hear how your life has improved. This special Michelle, was she around for all of your journey? CONGRATS! ~~Hat
calvoso
on 8/24/04 12:33 am - My hometown, WA
Thanks Hat. No I've known Michelle now for about 3 months but she's so supportive and she understands what I'm going through because she is going through it. I met her through this site so who better to keep me motivated. Calvin
sassy
on 8/23/04 7:42 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
awesome awesome job!! you are truley an inspiration to all of us, even us ladies! i am glad to hear that things are looking even brighter for you in the near future! definately look into the makeover thing, it would definately save on them bills!! keep up the awesome work, and keep us posted on how things are going for ya!!
calvoso
on 8/26/04 12:58 am - My hometown, WA
Renee, I'm really starting to like this Washington board. Everyone is so encouraging. I looked at the makeover and they want you to make a video of what you want done. I think I would have a hard time doing that. So I think I'll just spend the money. At this point since I had to pay cash for the surgery too, this will seem like a bargain to do the skin removal and I will feel so much better about myself. Calvin
sassy
on 8/26/04 6:10 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
even though this board is mostly female, we do want to help everyone who posts here, that is what it is for. we try to help whomever we can, however we can, and make them feel like part of the family. this is a long emotional battle and for others, it is a lot longer than for others, but i know i can always turn to the boards when i need a friend. and i know others feel the same way too.
Cori T.
on 8/24/04 12:16 pm - Neah Bay, WA
Calvin, That's great! Way to go!!!! keep us updated, it makes me smile to see men post amongst us gaggle of women
calvoso
on 8/26/04 1:00 am - My hometown, WA
Cori, The women definentaly outnumber us men on this board, but I like it. I read your profile and wow you are only 6 days from joining the post ops. Congratulations and please keep us updated after your surgery. I'm so excited for you. Calvin
Most Active