Under 300 for the first time since 5th grade.

calvoso
on 8/23/04 3:42 am - My hometown, WA
What an incredible year. I started off at 616 lbs last february. I had sleep apnea and knees so bad I was considering a wheel chair. I finally weighed in at 229 lbs which is the first time since I was in 5th grade that I was under 300 lbs. 317 lbs lighter and 11 and 1/2 feet off my body later the sleep apnea is gone and my knees feel great. So much has changed since the surgery. I'm looking into the skin removal surgery. The doctor estimates I've got about 50 lbs of excess skin on me right now which would put me below my original goal of 250. Lately though I've realized that just because my 18 month window they are always talking about is over, it doesn't mean I have to stop loosing weight. I was convinced by a special woman named Michelle to try the Atkins diet for a month to try to jump start the weight loss again. In two weeks of nothing but carbs and excercise I've lost 10 1/2 lbs which is more than I've done in quite a few months. The farther I get into the WLS journey I realize that I will only get out of this what I put into it. Sounds so simple, but for me it was a huge revelation. The better choices I make and the more I excersise the better I will do. I didn't always do this and the closer I get to goal the more I need to keep the basics in mind. Although the last year and a half had its rough moments I wouldn't change my decision for the world. So many wonderfull things have happened and I am finally excited about life and all that it holds. Thank all of you for the help and support along the way.
Rachael E.
on 8/23/04 4:02 am
WOW! That's so great Calvin! You've done a terrific job! You could probably get on extreem makeover to get all of your excess skin removed for free- and a nice trip to L.A. Congratulations! Rachael
calvoso
on 8/23/04 4:06 am - My hometown, WA
Thanks Rachael. I might have to look into the makeover. I know my insurance won't be covering it again. How's Derek doing these days? Calvin
vanessam
on 8/23/04 4:14 am
Calvin, Congrats It is so exciting the way our lifes change. Best of luck in your continued journey! ~Vanessa
calvoso
on 8/26/04 12:45 am - My hometown, WA
Vanessa, I just read your profile. You've done such an amazing job yourself. Good luck with your continued success. Calvin
skudoozie
on 8/23/04 5:46 am - Elk, WA
Congratulations, Calvin! What an inspiration you are. Suzie
catly
on 8/23/04 11:54 am - Everett, WA
Hi, Wow! Congratulations! I know what it feels like to finally get out of the 300's! Good for you! Lauren
calvoso
on 8/26/04 12:50 am - My hometown, WA
Lauren, Congratulations on your sucess so far. And it's only going to get better and easier. Keep us posted on your progress. Calvin
calvoso
on 8/26/04 12:47 am - My hometown, WA
Suzie, You're getting closer to your dreams. I saw you are having Dr. Penning do your surgery. I really liked him when I met him, but with my high BMI when I started he couldn't do it. You've choosen well. Good luck and keep us informed of your date. Calvin
skudoozie
on 8/26/04 1:33 am - Elk, WA
Calvin, I actually already had my date! It was August 4th and I am doing great! I'm down 36 pounds, and have had no problems. We are a mutual admiration society! Suzie
Most Active