!st Appt. Down....99 2 Go

Chanise D.
on 8/19/04 12:48 am - Lakewood, WA
I had my first group appt. yesterday at MAMC....I turned in my papework to get on the registrey and listened to the briefing...The nurse who gave the brief was new but she was very prepared..The new head nurse from the ward were you stay for 3-5 days was there also...She was very nice.. The lady giving the brief told us that our (waitlist) numbers will e around 269 or so and it would take 2-21/2 years to get called...And that the new Triwest is not sending any one out.... When Dr Egg. came in and said that they are overwhelmed and that he incourage us to go thru TriWest....They are so overwhelm that they may stop doing anyone that's not under MAMC cover area.....That means Oak Harbour and Brementon will automatically be sent out... Dr Egg. was very helpful and answered everyone's question very straight forward...He was frank. He even told us that TriWest opened up hospital options closer to Ft Lewis so not all are in Seattle any more....Dr. Portor, one of MAMC doctors is also on the list to do it at one of the hospitals in Lakewood...SO many changes... HOWEVER...It seems too easy....We were told to wait until next week so they can get all the names into the computer before we make any appts... I don't know when to call Ticare.....NOw, or next week......I am excited and confused,,,,It seems too simple.....
ncarter11
on 8/19/04 2:24 am - Edmonds, WA
Sounds like doc and staff were well informed and helpful. Glad you had a good experience!! There are many people here who should be able to help you navigate Tricare. My hubby is retired and Tricare is my secondary so my experience with them was a little different. Blessings! Nan
sassy
on 8/19/04 4:01 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
wait the week before calling tricare, that way you know the referrals you need are in the system. it is funny because for me, i didn't have to call anyone, they all called me... so hopefully that will happen for you as well. there are only 3 classes you have to sit through, behavorial health, which is nothing like you expect... i though going to mental health they were going to pick my brain out, but it was actually a group session and you listen to the lady talk about what your brain does whenit is time to eat... nutritional ed... heidi is super nice and answers a lot of your questions... and then there is occupational health which i believe is post op.... that or i just flat out do not remember it lol but you will see a lot of the faces you saw in the group meeting, so i know i ended up making a few new friends. also right after the nutrition class is the support group for gastric bypass, even if you are only wanting more information on what people really go through, it is good to go to. i went to the last one and it was really interesting, though the mental health lady could have talked a little less, she kinda gives me the willies. good luck, and if you need anything, you know where to find us lol
Most Active