1 down, 13 to go.....

sassy
on 8/18/04 5:44 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
okay... so today was the first day of my liquid diet... i did okay. not great, but okay. i followed someones advice about if the craving is killing you bad enough, chew it up and spit it out once all the flavor is gone. does that still count as cheating?? i didn't swallow it.... hrmmm... anyways, i was doing really good, we had dinner around 530 and i was good until now... so what happens?? i march my butt downstairs and swing open the fridge... and wanted to cry. i could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. i wanted food... real food.... i really wanted that pork steak left over from dinner, but instead, i sucked it up, grabbed my liter of water, made some tomato soup and headed for my computer chair that was calling my name. i hope this gets easier, coz this is killing me. the sad part... i am only 25! boy oh boy... what will 26 bring me lol okay i am done... i drank too much water and my MIL just came in with a bowl of very berry capt crunch in it and it is making me drool, so instead of beating her up for her cereal, i am going to bed. day one is always the hardest, right???????????
catly
on 8/18/04 10:40 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, I don't know if I could have done two weeks of liquids pre-op, with my normal-sized stomach and normal-sized appetite. Yikes! Hang in there. It will be different after the surgery; will make more sense. A whole new way to eat and drink. LM
ncarter11
on 8/19/04 3:27 am - Edmonds, WA
Renee!!! 2 weeks!! OMGoodness! WOW! Girl, you keep going - You WILL do it - it's just gonna be real tough! Maybe try and remember that this is the one diet you'll every do that's reeeeealy gonna work and make a permanent change in your life and weight. I caught a segment of Oprah the other evening. She talked about the very situation you described - late at night glaring and drooling at the fridge door. She said that when the craving is that bad, it's like all those nasty fat cells in your body are screaming FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She went as far as to say that this is probably when you losing weight - when your fat cells are screaming. I dunno if I bought it all -- but I really liked the idea of imagining those fatcells screaming as they wither away. Perhaps the image will help you get thru a craving moment or two. You'll not regret a single pound lost before surgery! I pray that this time goes by fast fast fast! God's blessing and strength! Nan
Tanja Y
on 8/19/04 3:54 am - Wahiawa, HI
2 weeks? WOW!! I didn't realize Dr E was making you do 2 weeks of liquid prior to surgery. Can I be a meanie and say I'm glad he didn't make me.....I don't know if I could have done it. I don't know about the chewing and spitting.....but I know I do it sometimes now. The kids had fish sticks the other night and I didn't want to sit and peel the breading off.....so I took one, dipped it in the delicious home made tarter sauce, chewed it up and spit it out. Figured I got to taste it without eating it.......lol. And I didn't afterwards so I figured it was all good. LOL I hope you're doing better today!! ~Tanja
sassy
on 8/19/04 4:14 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
this morning i am feeling a little stronger mentally. i ate cream of wheat since it is allowed, and i feel like i ate a brick! wow, and i didn't cheat, i only ate one serving instead of two. cream of wheat is a personal favorite, so i was estatic when i saw i could eat it. i am also challenging myself today, and using my kitchen timer to time my drinking. so far it has been a sinch, but i think that is only because i have only eaten once today :D
Dan G.
on 8/19/04 8:29 am - spokane, wa
It looks like your on your way to a good start !! Hang in there !! what is you diet like ???Is cream of wheat the only soild you can have ??
karenyt
on 8/19/04 1:09 pm - Renton, WA
Hang in there Renee and just remember, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!! It will all be worth it in the end and the journey will get easier. I lived on a medically approved liquid fast for 9 months a few years ago and survived; the first while with the cravings is the toughest, then it gets easier. (of course I gained the weight back, but that won't be your scenario as you will have the tool of WLS to help!!) That's what I'm going for this time and I know it will work. Good luck and keep up posted. My pre-op is Monday and I am nervous!! Karen Thompson Open RNY 09-15-2004
Most Active