Group Health: Drs AU and Bock - questions

Catherine S.
on 8/18/04 9:45 am - WA
Hi.. I am wondering if anyone on here has used the above... They are the only Drs available thru Group Health insurance and I havent seen any posts about them so far... If possible.. email me directly at [email protected] thanks
sspev
on 8/18/04 1:08 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Hi, Cathi, This will be 1 step to your answer. Last week I attended the Stevens support group, and there was a post-op person there who had Dr. Bock. The Stevens support group contact people are April Lefferson (206) 276-7506 and Natalie Kinjo (206) 321-7820. So perhaps if you call one of them, they will know Dr. Bock's patient's contact info. Another step is that there is a support group which meets monthly in Everett, and is restricted to Group Health patients. Also, if you look at the ossg-nw website messages, contact Peggy Ross. She indicated in an email on 7/27 that she was updating the local support group info, and had the contact info for the Everett Group Health meetings. I hope that helps. I know it's helpful to get information from others who have been down the path you want to take. God Bless you, Susan
auntlorlee
on 8/19/04 6:34 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Cathi Everyone I have talked to is madly in love with Dr. Bock. Well, so to speak anyway! I know someone personally who had Lap RNY with him and had no problems whatsoever. I haven't had my surgery yet but when I do, it will be with him. I have total faith in what people have told me. I hear he has really excellent people skills as well as surgical skills. Everyone just loves him. I hope this helps! Lori
Catherine S.
on 8/19/04 9:20 am - WA
Hi Lori.. thanks.. How long did the process take for you to get approved thru GH?
auntlorlee
on 8/20/04 5:07 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Cathi, I haven't actually been approved yet. I have been researching for almost 2 years. My current insurance, Regence, doesn't cover the surgery. I will be switching to Group Health next month. I meet all of the qualifications for the surgery so I am hoping to get approved. Where are you at in your journey??? The person I told you about who had Dr. Bock for her surgeon only waited about a month or two to be approved. She was denied the first time, but I think everyone is, and then approved the second time. She did not have the 6-month supervised diet, and didn't have any comorbidities. She just wrote a letter and explained that she would inevitably develop them because of her family history. I understand that it isn't always that easy for everyone. But it gives me hope! Take care, Lori
Most Active