I gotta know!

Tanja Y
on 8/17/04 5:02 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I've been fighting buying a scale, but not knowing if I've lost anymore is driving me crazy. Friends and family call and ask how I'm doing and how much I've lost......and sit in stunned amazement when I tell them I don't know because I don't own a scale. I know what I had lost at my last doctors appointment (52 pounds ) but that was over a week ago. They and I wanna know what I've lost NOW. I am so tempted to swing by the hospital and ask the ladies at the nutrition clinic if I can sneak in and weigh myself. Their scale should be pretty close to the one in the general surgery clinic. I wonder if they'll think I'm crazy. I'd have to be to park at MAMC, hike from the boonies of the parking lot into the hospital and then beg at the clinic for the use of their scale.....but I can't get the desire to weigh myself out of my system. Either way, I'm gonna find out one way or another before my next appointment which is like 3 1/2 weeks away. Anybody know of a place around Ft. Lewis that carries big people scales that don't cost an arm and a leg? I looked at one at Target last week, but it only went to 200 pounds.....and that's not high enough for my butt. ~Tanja
sassy
on 8/17/04 5:56 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
hey are you still on??
sassy
on 8/17/04 6:14 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
oh yeah, about the scale... when you find one let me know how much and where... i need a big butt scale... when i was pregnant with kaylee they had to take me downstairs to the basement of the hospital and weigh me on the laundry scale. talk about a humbling time... anyways, awesome job on the weight loss! oh yeah... since i am a step behind everyone, i have been trying to stock up on smaller clothes. i went to ft lewis thift shop and founf a liz claiborne zip up blazered long skirted fully lined navy blue suit... $7.50!!! oh yess!!! i will be going there again soon!! lol i have also taken a niche to sewing.. i have made a couple skirts with elastic waists that can easily be taken in as the inches shed... so if you are looking for a place for cheap clothe**** up the ft lewis thrift shop. i wanna go check out the mcchord one too, they get paid more than us army pukes do lol that means better clothes in the thrift stores lol jk
JustHat
on 8/18/04 4:13 pm - NM
Paid more eh? LOL When I get my energy back, I have tons of things to take to the thrift store. (No women's clothes though) I will take a look around. Don't you guys have something that is like our Airman's Attic? it is like the Thrift Store but free. I know that there were some larger sizes there recently because my neighbor nabbed them. Also, check out our BX. Earlier this year, they were putting the plus sized Liz stuff out for 75% off. It is best to check on Wed or Thur. because that is the day they mark down clothes. If I see anything there, I'll post to the boards. I saw my neighbor yesterday and she almost took the pants right off of me. They are getting loose in the rear and waist. So, she called dibs on them when I get ready to get rid of them. How tall are the two of you? I have some pants that need to go because they are too short now. But, if your sewing, you could cut them down a bit and turn them into peddle pushers. LMK. ~~Hat
Rachael E.
on 8/18/04 1:01 am
We bought our scale at Costco...as far as I know it goes up to higher weights. When Derek started he was 315 and so I know it gets at least to the 400's I'm thinking it goes even higher than that. It is digital, but it seems to do the trick. If the other ones only go to 200#'s it's ok...just let it go around and everytime it goes past the 200 mark ya know it's 100#'s more....I have never understood why they makes cales that only go to 200 lbs...gimme a break...that's so lame. I think we paid $25 for our scale...not too much. I am pretty sure they still have em too. Good luck.....I am sure your weight is just melting off. Rachael
Tanja Y
on 8/19/04 10:31 am - Wahiawa, HI
Yesterday I went to the PX to check out scales. It was so funny...I decided to get one one to see what it said. Then we tried a few others. Guess they mean it when they say to get weighed correctly the scale should be on a flat level floor. Kinda hard to get a correct weight on scales still in boxes. I had one scale showing I'd lost 30 pounds, another 10 and one 50.......all since the last time at the doctors. I'm pretty sure none of them were correct, but it was worth a laugh. Never did buy a scale.....decided I'm going to wait a couple weeks. They had one there that went to 330 or 350 (i already forgot) and it was $26 so I figure I'll get that one on payday. ~Tanja
Most Active