Hi I'm a newbie to WA message boards

Trishia V.
on 8/16/04 7:09 am - Kelso, WA
Hi there ladies and gents! The name's Trishia, and I am from Kelso. I will be having surgery in Portland, Oregon at OHSU on Friday, the 20th. If anyone would be willing to say some prayers for me and my family I would greatly appreciate it! It doesn't look like very many people post on the state message boards. I have only posted on the Main Message Board. Does anyone have any advice for this final 4 day rollercoaster before surgery? My nerves are shot! I keep praying for comfort and peace. Let me know what kind of stuff you post-ops have taken with you to the hospital, or what you wished you had taken with you. I will be packing in a couple of days. I will post again when I get home to let you know I am doin' fine. God Bless! Trishia
Kimanne B
on 8/16/04 7:15 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Trishia, Welcome to the WA board! I will certainly keep you and your family in my prayers I am pre-op, so I don't really have any advice on what to take to the hospital. I'm not having surgyer til late Sept. or early Oct. ~Just wanted to say hello and welcome you Love God, Kimanne
sassy
on 8/16/04 8:26 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
welcome to the boards! we are always glad to add more to the family. congrads on the surgery date! i know it's nerve racking, i have 2 weeks left and i am already ready to just check myself in to 5 North for a while. If you need anything feel free to ask, there is usually someone up and around even in the wee hours. Take care, and again welcome!
calvoso
on 8/16/04 9:06 am - My hometown, WA
Trishia, Welcome to the boards. You will be in all of our thoughts and prayers. It is a nerve wracking time and one we all went through. When I finally went in I was at peace because I'd done all my research and I knew it was the right thing for me to do. As far as what to bring to the hospital. The time will fly by because you will sleep a lot of the time. I did bring some slippers and some personal hygiene items. Please keep us informed on how you're doing. Talk to you soon. Calvin
sassy
on 8/16/04 10:19 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
one thing that a lot of post ops have told me is to take a little fan with you, because you weill get hot. and if you have long hair, like i do, take skrunchies... i never knew it was against hospital regulation to give patients rubberbands.... crazy people! oh yeah... and chap stick and deoderant! and then the usual stuff... hope this helps
ncarter11
on 8/16/04 10:26 am - Edmonds, WA
I'm putting together a list of things to pack too. I've heard things like bring magazines, not books. The drugs keep you from being able to follow a storyline. Some say that they didn't crack open one time-passing item! Carmex or lip gloss seems to one common "must-haves" in all I've read. Tampons or pads are recommended too as many women start their periods - I guess b/c of the stress of the surgery. Hair ties if your hair is long. Tongs if you are having open surgery. (aids in hygeine) Slippers and a pillow. I am pre-op and just sharing what I've read and am planning on myself! I'm so glad you introduced yourself - it's nice to have you here. You will be in my prayers. Blessings! Nan
Cori T.
on 8/16/04 11:53 am - Neah Bay, WA
Hi Trisha, best of luck to you w/everything!!
Amanda P.
on 8/16/04 12:21 pm - Wa
Hello Trishia, welcome to the board. Im still pre-op myself, my surgery is on 9-16, so Im curious about what to bring myself. CONGRATS on your big day coming up. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a smooth surgery and quick recovery. Take care......Amanda
Hilda R.
on 8/16/04 12:33 pm - Bucoda, WA
Hi Trishia, Welcome!!! Nan had some really good advice. The Fan is really important too, I was lucky the hospital had them attached to the bed (Nice!). I liked having magazines and I took my own robe, it was much more comfortable and less embarrassing to walk the halls in. Chap stick, definately Oh, and if you are like me, you'll need large comfortable slippers. You'll probably have swelling, I certainly did. Good Luck, the roaler coaster ride is almost over......and it WILL be worth it all. Hilda
ebonynurse8654
on 8/16/04 12:48 pm - Lakewood, WA
Hi Trishia, Welcome aboard. You will find lots of love and support here. You and your family are in my prayers Deborah
Most Active