OK I went in

JustHat
on 8/15/04 4:05 pm - NM
First, you all are so sweet. Renee, thanks for the call. DH told me you did. And, everyone else, thanks for the replies and prayers. I posted right before we were off to pick up my son's glasses at Costco. But, this and that happened and we decided to not go. My neighbor got ahold of DH and insisted that he take me to the ER. I was too tired to argue. It took a couple of hours to get a room since they sent me to the er side instead of the clinic side. The doc was pretty cool. He admitted he didn't know much. And, when I promised to see my surgeon tomorrow or the next day, he was happy check my liver functions and juicing me up with two bags of IV fluids. All in all, it took way too long. They kept forgetting about me. I had to go find someone every time I needed anything. About half way through my second bag, the doc showed back up in my room. He said my blood work and liver functions were fine and as long as I promised to see my surgeon, I could leave. I wanted the second half of my second bag. So, we signed the paperwork and he said when it was finished, I would be ready to leave. So, when my bag was finished, I went back up to the nurse's station and told them my bag was empty. They sent a tech to my room who agreed it was indeed finished. Then they left me. And left me and left me. I finally walked back to the nurse's station and found all of the nurses chatting. One of them asked me what I needed. I held out my arm and told him I needed my iv removed. He did it on the spot. He asked if I had my final paperwork. So, I told him I had signed it, but no one had given me a copy. I kind of figured he might get it for me. Nope. So, after waiting a while longer, I left. I wonder if they have figured out my room is empty yet. I feel better. I have heart burn, but at least I am thinking a little clearer. I will be calling Dr. Weber's office first thing in the morning. Tomorrow is a big day for our family. But, like DH said, my health has to take priority. I think I will try and go to bed now. Thanks again for all of the concern and well wishes. I'll let you know what is going on tomorrow. ~~Hat
Kimanne B
on 8/15/04 4:47 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Haaaaaaaat!! (((((HUGS))))) I'm so glad you feel a little better Thank you for posting so we know you are home and DH can watch over you til tomorrow. I will keep you in my prayers tonight, now go get some rest and keep us posted tomorrow please! XoXo- Kimanne PS... I'm sorry the ER wasn't very comforting
Amanda P.
on 8/15/04 4:49 pm - Wa
So glad to hear you went in Hat. Im glad they pumped you full of fluids and the tests they took turned out good. But DEFINATLY see your surgeon. And if you dont go in, the O.H posse is gonna come get ya!!! Take care and keep us posted.........Amanda
sassy
on 8/15/04 4:59 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
thanks for the catch up, i was worried about you. i am glad you are feeling better, but still make sure to call dr weber tomarrow, first thing. try to relax as much as you can, and if you need ANYTHING, call me. you have my number, and it's not a problem at all. see ya soon {{{{hugs}}}}
latzylove
on 8/15/04 9:50 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hat, I'm so glad you went to the ER. Sorry they were not very attentive. Your in my prayers. God bless. Also, I'll be joining you on the losing side today Wow that prep was horrible! Take care of yourself {{hugs}}
Cori T.
on 8/15/04 11:41 pm - Neah Bay, WA
Glad you went in, should have yanked your own IV to get out of there faster, LOL Seriously, I was thinking of you all night. I remember you said you started taking your medications whole. It's possible one is stuck as I remember Dr. Weber at the seminar saying that that could happen. Let us know what he says when you call. Take care!
tinktee
on 8/16/04 1:23 am - Spanaway, WA
HAT, Your body was a bit thristy. I was so happy to see your post this am. Thank you Hat for going to the ER, we were all very concerned. You know we really do become a family on here. Like I always put, A Sister in Weight Loss. ((((((((((HUGGGGS))))))) to you, SIWL Tee
Dan G.
on 8/16/04 10:08 am - spokane, wa
Thank goodness you went in glad to see your ok!!!
Most Active