What would you do?

JustHat
on 8/15/04 6:01 am - NM
I feel bad. I haven't had anything other than liquid since Thurs. And, I haven't had any liquid since yesterday morning. Everything thing that goes in my mouth comes right back out. And, I mean everything. I threw up most of last night because I kept trying to get something down. I am so thirsty. I was sipping so slowly that I was just putting drops on my mouth at a time. Then I would wait 5 minutes and take some more drops. Back it came. So, do I go to Madigan and see if they can help me? Do I call Dr. Weber even though it is Sunday? Or do I suck it up until tomorrow and call him as soon as the doc's office opens? I really do feel rotten. But, I don't know which way to turn. ~~Hat
Amanda P.
on 8/15/04 6:30 am - Wa
Hello hat, If you cant keep down even a little bit of water, I would call your Dr. They're Dr.'s so they know its just part of their job and are use to it. If it were me I wouldnt tough it out, I would call. Hope you feel better and things are ok. Take care.....Amanda
latzylove
on 8/15/04 7:17 am - Tacoma, WA
Hat, That doesn't sound good. My surgeon told me to call right away even if it's 2am if I was to start vomiting and not keeping anything down. Please don't wait. You are probably getting dehydrated. This could also mean something more serious. I don't want to scare you but I work in the medical profession and it's better to be safe. Please promise me you will call him today. I will keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how your doing..{{hugs}}
Kimanne B
on 8/15/04 7:29 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hun, I'd call Dr Weber NOW. Thats what they get paid the big bucks for. Let us know how you are. I'll be praying for you!
sassy
on 8/15/04 8:04 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
even though dr. weber did your splicing and dicing, i would still go to madigan. dr carter and dr eggebrotten and very good doctors, and a lot closer than seattle. i would definately demand an iv instantly, the last thing you need is to dehydrate. even if you dont feel dehydrated, still ask for one, because it might not take but just a little while until you are, so i would do it even as a precaution. if you need anything, call me, i can come running! get better, and keep us up to date... you know us "board members"... we like the play by play lol {{{{hugs}}}}
Cori T.
on 8/15/04 8:32 am - Neah Bay, WA
Call Dr. Weber ASAP! Take care, update us when you can.
RichardWash
on 8/15/04 9:02 am
- Please call your doctor, alot of ladies waited till it was to late and had even worse problems! - I had abdominal pain before and i went to doctor asap.. found out I might have torn a muscle.. took 2 months to heal and lots of sleep. - Dont take any risk!
Most Active