Milestone

JustHat
on 8/13/04 8:19 am - NM
I am now 17 days post op. I have been pushing for the 20 pounds mark as a goal. Today I hit it. Well, almost hit it. I actually hit 21 pounds lost. The last two days I have lost a pound and half each day. I am pushing hard this month because I figure after the first month, the weight lose will be a lot harder. Last night, I rode my son's bicycle. It was fun and harder than I thought it would be. But, this morning I find that my booty is bruised. What were they thinking when they put such a small seat on that thing? I don't think I will be back on a bicycle again until I figure out how to attach a nice couch sized seat to it. I do have one problem now (other than bruised buns). Indigestion. It keept me up last night. And, this morning I noticed that I am burned from it. My lungs hurt a little too when I first got up. I know that the two are separate. So, I wonder if I breathed in some of the acid or something in my sleep. I am going to pick up soe rolaids or something for when it happens again. I have never had this problem before. Well, the kids are starting to fight. ~~Hat~~
Dan G.
on 8/13/04 10:36 am - spokane, wa
great news on the 20 lb loss!!! You should call you doctor if the heartburn keeps you a wake again just to be safe side . dan
latzylove
on 8/13/04 11:29 am - Tacoma, WA
Hat, I agree they need to make those bike seats biggerThat is so awesome that you have lost 21lbs in such a short time. You are doing such a great jobI think that regarding the indigestion you should call your surgeon. My surgeon told me if you notice something that is new to call. Thet would rather us call and tell them then try and treat it ourself even if it's after hours. Have you felt that since surgery or only in the past few days? Are you still on liquids? Keep up the good work I'll be joining you on the losing side soon. I really enjoy reading your posts God Bless
Cori T.
on 8/13/04 12:29 pm - Neah Bay, WA
Congrats on the milestone! As for the indegestion. Did you have reflux before surgery? That is a concern for me since I have reflux. I'd call the office!
JustHat
on 8/13/04 5:50 pm - NM
No. It was rare that I ever had indegestion. I think it was something like twice a year or more if I drank a Mike's Hard Lemonaid.
RichardWash
on 8/13/04 12:40 pm
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. I hope your future is bright, and all your goals are reached in life! Good luck~
tinktee
on 8/13/04 3:21 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hi Hat, CONGRATS on 21 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with the other's call the doc about the heart burn. Ok? Have you wanted to eat, you know like are you very hungery? How did you feel after surgery to this point? I'm going to check out your surgery page again. Keep up the awesome work, your going to look marvelous darling. SIWL,Tee
JustHat
on 8/13/04 6:32 pm - NM
I still want to eat. But, I don't get all that upset about not being able to. I am supposed to be on a baby food diet. But, I can't seem to keep it down any longer. I guess I am eatting one bite too many or too fast. But, I have gotten so sick of throwing up that I only try once a day for solids instead of three. When I start wishing I could eat, I just remember the pain and then throwing up. It cures me. I am running at about 400 cals a day. 250 of that comes from my protein. I still haven't updated my surgery page. I need to get with it.
sassy
on 8/13/04 4:23 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
congrats on the loss! i was laughing when i read about your bike experience, because it reminded me of when i was pregnant. i was told i could enduce my labor by riding a bike down the gravel roads. so i did... not a pretty picture, and not worth the time... all it gave me was another sore spot on my patoot. i remember when i was a kid my dad had to get me a "plus sized" bike seat, that thing was comfy cozy! especially considering the one i had on there didnt even have the padding anymore, it was just the hard plastic. can you tell a difference in your clothing yet? i was looking through the before and after pic page with MIL and I just kept thinking, wow! now i am in a hurry because i cant wait to see what i am going to look like when it is all over with. i know a lot of people say oh i want to wear my wedding gown or i want to fit into my high school prom dress, but not me!! i was a 26/28 in high school. i have been obese since i was a kid. my 3rd grade teacher put me on a diet because she thought i should weigh 130#'s. she got mad after a while and gave up, but i remember only eating salads for lunch with her in the classroom and going to be weighed every morning. so i will literally have to see it to believe it. i have never been thin, and i am curious to see how i look as a healthy thin not obese with rolls sloshing around everywhere. ok, i'm done now... lol
JustHat
on 8/13/04 5:47 pm - NM
"can you tell a difference in your clothing yet?" As of last Sat, my waste was 3 or 4 inches smaller. But, I couldn't tell much by my clothes. But, now I can. I am still in the same size. But, the weight seems to be coming off my mid section. Tomorrow we measure, so I could give you a better idea of what is going on.
Most Active