children

vanessa A.
on 8/12/04 10:42 am - mill creek, DC
Hello- I am looking to have gastric bypass in about 11 weeks, but I am having doubts. I want to have children in the future and I am worried that the size of my stomach will not be enough to sustain a healthy pregnancy. Can anyone who has had children after the surgury help me with this? thanks Vanessa
sassy
on 8/12/04 11:09 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i am a mother of one, and i am 25 years old, and i want a house full of children. i discussed this not only with my surgeon but also my nutritionist. the surgeon said to wait about a year and a half so your body has had plenty of time to heal and adjust to the changes. the nutritionist said the same, and also mentioned to see an ob and have him/her draw labs and make sure all of your levels of vitamins minerals,etc. were strong enough to handle having a baby. also mentioned was the fact that since babies take so much from the mother, that most people have to double, sometimes triple their vitamin intake while they are pregnant. they told me that there is really nothing stopping someone from having a baby since it is not messing with the baby maker lol only the stomach. they gave precaution to wait, and to double your contreceptives after surgery because a lot of women end up pregnant about 6 months post op because your body has to get used to the hormones and it isn't impossible just risky. so i hope i helped. good luck!
Most Active