It's Official Now

sassy
on 8/12/04 5:59 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Mary from the surgery clinic called me earlier to make sure I wasn't going to chicken out. She had to call and confirm my last appointment, which is my anestisiology? (how in the world do you spell that word?!?) apt. on the 25th, and that I was still scheduled for surgery on 1 SEP. I took a very deep breath and said, let's do it! Now, I am going to have to find some really good nerve pills or something because I know the fear of God is going to hit me hard as soon as I go in to do all of this. I was so nervous about just seeing Dr. Carter, I started crying waiting on him to come in the room. So, I know I am going to need some really goooooood drugs lol That or I could let my hubby walk around with a small cast iron skillet so if I start acting up he can just whack me in the head and knock me out and go on with it. lol
Tanja Y
on 8/12/04 6:55 am - Wahiawa, HI
That's just awesome!!! No chickens here, right? We're Army wives.....you know you can do it!!! And don't worry, in pre-op once they get your numerous IV's in, they'll give you a little something to take the edge off, plus everyone in there is so friendly and caring they don't give you a chance to get nervous. Plus your hubby gets to stay with you until they wheel you off to surgery, so you'll be ok. Just have him dress warm (as in no shorts), my sister got cold sitting there. Everytime they open the doors towards the OR frigid air came rushing thru. Let me know, I'd be glad to come see you once you feel up to it, naturally. ~Tanja
Dan G.
on 8/12/04 8:53 am - spokane, wa
Theres nothing to be afraid of your friends here will be with you and you will be in our prayers !! Dan
RichardWash
on 8/12/04 10:24 am
- Dont worry Ill keep a drum roll going till you get surgery now...... as long as my arms dont get tired Great work girl go for it!
latzylove
on 8/13/04 1:19 am - Tacoma, WA
Renee, I am so happy that your day is almost here I feel like an expectant mother waiting for her baby to arrivePlease feel free to e-mail me and we can exchange numbers. They moved my date up to Aug 16th from the 24thI am on an emotional roller coaster. Take care and I'm praying for you.
Most Active