Support groups?

Rachael E.
on 8/10/04 12:03 pm
Ok guys.....I am a little shy. I have come to the conclusion I would like to join a support group. There aren't any in my area that I know of.....does anyone else know of any in my area? I can't really get to the ones out at Madigan or over to Edmonds.....it's just too far. As a Mommy of three adorable boys I don't have much time, but I seriously need to interact with people that I have something in common with. I don't get out much and I am terrified to meet new people.....I know I know sounds stupid....it's easy to talk here because you guys can't see me...I am pretty self concious. Maybe we can ALL just meet up like one day a month and have a support meeting????????????????????????????????? Rachael
ebonynurse8654
on 8/10/04 4:02 pm - Lakewood, WA
Hi Rachael count me in as well. I am just beginning my journey but I could use all the support I can get. Kids, husbands, in-laws, grandparents..it doesn't matter just count me in.LOL Deborah
latzylove
on 8/10/04 4:21 pm - Tacoma, WA
Rachael,Great idea count me in too. I would love to meet all of my OH family
talkingkatz
on 8/11/04 6:12 pm - Maple Valley, WA
How far is that from Maple Valley/Kent? I'd like to go too.
sspev
on 8/12/04 10:38 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
I'm going to the Stevens meeting tonight (my first support meeting) because I live in Everett. But I would also really love to meet all of you. I have a feeling that most of you are south -- in the Tacoma area? Rachael, there is a support group meeting in Fife -- I don't know how close you are to that one. Anyway, where is a convenient place for meeting? What about at a mall (like at the food court -- how appropriate for us -- lol!) What do you all think? Also, someone like me (I work during the day) so it would have to be evening. But my kids are grown and gone, so at least I can get away in the evenings. Here's to getting to know each other better! Thanks for the suggestion, Rachael. Susan
Paige A.
on 8/29/04 3:17 am - gig harbor, WA
hi everyone, there is a support group meeting in tacoma at st. joes hospital the first and third tuesday of every month 7-pm-9pm. You should come its fun to see how people are doing and hear their stories. Hope you can make it. its in the cafeteria. Paige
Most Active