The weekend

JustHat
on 8/9/04 3:32 pm - NM
I don't really have anything to complain about. But, I won't let that hold me back. I am tired. No, it is beyond tired. Yesterday we had my oldest son's birthday party. So, Sat. we had to get read. Plus, we had some other things to do. By the time we got to the last part of the shopping, I almost didn't make it though the store. For those of you that have been pregnant, it was like those last days when your baby is a week late and just moving is a major effort. We had house cleaning to do. But, when we got home DH sent me straight to bed. Its a good thing because I didn't think I could stand for another 5 miniutes. I thought ah hour's nap would do me. 3 hours later I woke up and found my house clean except for the kitchen. OK so I have complained about him but he does come through sometimes. So, I had to give him credit. I have been actively trying to get some carbs in my diet for energy. But, I suspect that one of my main problems is low iron. I don't know how quickly it can go down, but I haven't been able to find liquid iron anywhere. So, there is none in my diet. Does anyone around Tacoma know where I can find some? I tried GNC and Walgreens. BTW, I am still walking. I know that a lot of people say that to get energy, you have to get moving. So, I haven't give up on that. Tomorrow is my two week anniversary. I just realized that I told Rachael it was today. That is how tired I am. I forgot what day it is even. Anyway, I am down 15 1/2 pounds. I made it into the 230s. So, I reached that goal. I am bored with food. Not all food. Just the foods I can eat. My son's hamburger tonight looked really interesting. So much so that I took a bite and chewed it up. Then I had to spit it out. But, it got me over the craving. I promise you that if this was just a diet, I would have fallen off the wagon by now. A bite here and there would have lead to a slice here and there. So, I can tell this surgery was what I really needed. Someone or something had to keep me in check. Hopefully this retraining will have worked by the time I am back on my own. And, if not, then I hope that I am a big dumper. Oh this reminds me. I have thrown up twice this weekend. Too much water too fast was the reason at Costco. Then last night I was sucking the juice from grapes and it it again. Who knew the grapes were that juicy. OK, maybe I should have. But, I never said I was a quick learner. One thing I have done is stopped opening up my capsuls of medicine. The taste was killing me. I am now taking the whole. So far, so good. But, now that I think of it, that might have something to do with last nights puking. I try and space them out so each one has time to disolve before I throw the next one it. That in itself is a meal. Well, that is all for now. Lots of good things with a few not so bad things thrown in just to make the storying a little interesting. ~Hat
tinktee
on 8/9/04 4:49 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hi Hat, just dropped into say try the health food stores for the liquid vit and iron. I know of one health food store in Stilacoom (sp) that carries all that. Tee
Kimanne B
on 8/9/04 6:15 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hey Hat So nice to hear you're doing well! Oh my, and that DH of yours! What a nice way to wake up, to a clean house! I think I would keel over from shock lol. Great job on the weightloss and walking too! I've heard so much about how walking is so important. You go girl! Love God, Kimanne
ncarter11
on 8/10/04 1:16 am - Edmonds, WA
I am so glad you caught us up on how you are doing. I'm glad your fam - especially your man - is such a support and helping out so much! Waking up to a clean house is heaven! Do try and keep moving, walking, but remember that YOU NEED REST too! Over a pound a day! 15.5 lbs! WoooHooo! Kudos, my friend! Blessings and prayers for continued health! Yeah! Nan
Rachael E.
on 8/10/04 1:45 am
Hat~ Did Dr. W ever mentionto yo that there is a tiny tab for iron??? Maybe you can call Edy and get the info from her.....Trader Joe's is a great place for just about anything...as long as it's smalll you'll be ok- that's what he said to me anyway. Good luck and GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go on the weight loss! Rachael
Most Active