Good info from a wl sister.

tinktee
on 8/8/04 6:27 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi Terry: Saw your post on your profile page wondering about feeling hungry after surgery. I am one year post op and do not have my hunger signal back at all I know people in my support group who are 18 months out and still no huner signal. At my surgery clinic it is recommended that we eat only 3 meals a day and you get that into your head and that is what sets your meal times. I eat at 9am sometimes sooner since i get up at 5 am (another quirky side effect from surgery that not everyone gets LOL) I eat lunch at 12-12:30 and have to have my dinner by 5-6pm at the latest. I have added a aft snack and an after dinner snack of fresh fruit and or fat free milk. My nutrionist hs told me to increase my calories to 1,500 but still I can only get in maybe 1,000-1,100 a day with good choices. I too wanted to eat after dinner before all the time..I call that head hunger and I am dealing with that now. On TV when food ads come on I get up and go to the other room I don't want that stuff and I am not hungry it's in my head... Forget popcorn after surgery..After one month I tried popcorn I only put it in my mouth and sucked on it then spit it out. It sounds silly but when you have surgery you'll know what I mean. Sometimes just a taste of something satisfied that mean urge I had. Before my surgery I went to all of my favorite buffets and ate to my hearts content because I knew I never would do that again. I have saved alot of money by not running through the fast food joints to buy a couple of breakfast biscuits and double cheeseburgers. My car had a special homing device whenever I passed the fast food places. LOL With the surgery I was able to disengage that homing device. You will go through so many phases before and after surgery. I just found OH and it has been a lifesaver. Even though I keep a food diary I have been going to Fitday.com and doing it there also- it gives you a breakdown of calories spent and your nutrition goals for the day it is great. Alot of work to do two journals but it is worth it. Also see Pouch rules for dummies. I just typed that into my search engine and it came up easy to find. Research all you can get informed and you will do GREAT. E-Mail me anytime if you have any questions I would be so glad to help. Oh I was 346 Now 175 Have lost 171 pds in one year Goal weight is 170 borderline of healthy and overweight. I am 5'9 and 44 years old.
Lorie Z.
on 8/8/04 2:02 pm - Lynnwood, WA
Hi, I'm 6 months post and I didn't know the rules. I just wanted to thank you. It was very good info on pouch rules. I know this will help me. I've lost 75 pounds and now in a slump. This is probably why. I do work out at curves though. Thanks again
Most Active