Are you cold?

Tanja Y
on 8/5/04 4:20 am - Wahiawa, HI
I know it's been slightly chilly here today, but even last week when everyone was complaining it was hot; I was cold. On the 3rd day I was home from the hospital I started shivering and it took two blankets and a mug of hot tea to finally warm me up. I've started wearing a light-weight jacket around the house because the fan freezes me out, but everyone else says it's too stuffy in here without it going. I dug out my old sweat pants and I'm contemplating washing them so I can wear them. Hopefully they'll fit now, they were snug when I put them up. Yesterday.......I stood in front of the dishwasher while it was in the dry cycle with my hands in front of the little vent oohing and ahhing about how nice the heat felt. My family....well my sister thinks I've lost it and my BIL now thinks I'm weird. They had the oven going and I was trying to get into the kitchen to warm up but they shoo'ed me out saying I was in the way. I was actually miffed....lol. All I wanted was to get warm from head to toe.
JustHat
on 8/5/04 8:40 am - NM
You lost a whole layer of your body. No wonder your cold. I have been having hot/cold flashes. It doesn't help that the weather can't decide what it will do from hour to hour. Yesterday I dressed wrong for my son's football practice and thought I would freeze. I used to tell my skinny friends that it was their own fault if they were cold. They should add a layer of fat. But, now that might come back and bite me in the rear. LOL I agree that you should be keeping an extra close eye on your temp. When I was in the hospital, I could tell what my temp was before they took it. When it went up to 100.7, I was really cold. Good luck, Hat
Tanja Y
on 8/5/04 3:03 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I have been watching my temp.....my sister is paranoid about it. LOL She takes my temp anytime I start griping about how cold I am when everyone else is comfortable. Highest it's been is 99 so I'm not concerned. But thanks for worrying ~tanja
tinktee
on 8/5/04 10:29 am - Spanaway, WA
This is for Hat and Tanja, I've been reading a lot abou****ching your temp after surgery because it could be from infection or some thing else. Please Tonya keep close tabs on your temp just to be on the safe side. Ok? lol Hat wasn't it you who said you were smelling some thing strange? I think you should report those symptoms ASAP! That could be a sign of some thing going on inside. I don't know but I would be safe and report it to your surgen. Ok? lol Can't wait to see your before and after pics, I'm excited for you both. Tee
Most Active