3 things

JustHat
on 8/4/04 7:56 am - NM
1. Some smells are killing me. No, not Dick's hamburgers, pizza and nachos. They just made me want to kill. Garlic. If anyone has eatten garlic in the last 3 days, I can't stand to be near them. There are a few others, but as far as people go, that is the worst. And, there is some mystery smell in my house and on me or in me. My friend and DH both swear that I don't stick. But, I can smell it. And, it is in my house too. I wasn't able sleep last night until about 5 this morning. At 8 the smell woke me up. I was gagging. I had to get away from my bed. When I returned, I could smell it. I sniffed around my bed and the two boys in my bed, but couldn't locate it. But, it was there. Maybe something crawled up my nose and died. I don't know, but I wish I would have asked my doc about it yesterday. 2. I am glad that you guys like my posts. I want to write everything down so I can remember it all. Plus, I hope to be helpful to other people. It seems there is so much more to all of this than what we find out from our doctors. I am open to any and all questions. 3. I was a little down because I didn't think my weight lose was all that great for the first week. Then last night I read that Tanja had lost 39 pounds in 11 days. I am very proud of her, but a little jealous. Shame on me. I went today to Curves. They weighed me and I lost 5 pounds yesterday. Yipee. BTW, if you go to Curves after surgery, they get wigged out. It was my first time there. They did let me try some machines. But, I can't go bac****il I have a letter from my doctor saying that I am cleared for such things. Obviously I can't do crunchies. But, everything else felt really good. ~~Hat
ncarter11
on 8/4/04 8:38 am - Edmonds, WA
Hat - On #1 -- I have a friend who said that she smells different since her surgery about 3 weeks ago. She said she suspects that it's toxins leaving her body. That little tidbit left me with some dread! I think it's funny that you were smelling the boys. I dunno why. I don't know if I'd have the courage to smell mine! Maybe your tender new tummy has left you more sensitive to smells? I bet that's it. I quit smoking 3 years ago. I can smell *everything* now and I'm not always happy with what I smell. On #2 -- Your posts are *great* and VERY helpful!! Make sure you keep track of them and add them to your profile sometime. They are invaluable! On #3 -- Tanja's starting BMI was 68 and yours was 41. Both of you should be extremely proud of your progress! Remember that your progress is gonna be proportionate to your starting point. You're doing great, Hat! It's sooooo good to know that you are so able to move and do stuff! Yeah!!! Blessings! Nan
Cori T.
on 8/4/04 1:33 pm - Neah Bay, WA
add me to the list of one who always appreciates Hat's posts! Plus, she's helped me in emails. She's just as nice in person, I've been lucky to meet her twice, once at the orientation mtg. then we ran into ea. other at Dr. Weber's office! Keep up the good work and best of luck to you guys fighting the military system regarding your DH's job!
Chanise D.
on 8/5/04 1:18 pm - Lakewood, WA
Hat I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well...I had to go back and read your updates because I had to get a new hard drive.... I am so impressed that you are already trying out Curves and at football practice....WOW Thanks for keeping your posts current.I know your busy picking up all that weight that's falling off. on the weight loss, keep your head up..once you start really getting around...I know it's going to be falling off....5 pounds in less than a week...I'll take it....please My PCP placed my consult in the computer, but Madigan has not contacted me yet. I don't know if I should call them or what....I am ready to be a looser too...... Keep Healthy and keep us posted.....
JustHat
on 8/5/04 2:15 pm - NM
Don't wait around for Madigan. If it has been three days, then call the appointment line and see if it has been processed. If it is, then ask for an appointment. If your appointment is over 30 days or they don't have one for you, then call TriWest up and tell them that you want to be seen by a civilian doctor since Madigan can't get you in for an appointment in a timely fashion. This is how I did it. I never had to be released by Madigan. But, I was working with the old Tricare. The rule was, and should still be, that you have to be seen in 30 days or they have to let you go to a civilian doc. Of course, I was dealing with the old Tricare. But, it won't hurt to help. I am really happy I went with Dr Weber instead of trying to do it through Madigan. Good luck and keep us posted. And, if you need any help, let me know. ~Hat
Most Active