Thank you all for your concerns

lightlyspice
on 8/3/04 4:17 pm - Oak Grove, KY
Thank you all for helping me get through this time of finding out that I would not be able to get my surgery right now. I am doing fine and you all have enough on your plates without worrying about me. For the last week my three girls and I have been working out at the track in the morning and evening. I worry about their weight so I have them to workout too. I feel good starting one good habit at a time until I have surgery. Today is my daughter's 15th birthday so we ate cake and ice cream then we cut on some music to work those calories off.: We had fun! My husband is away at school so it was just us girls. Well I guess I need to get to bed, we hit the tracks in the morning. Once again thank you all for your support.
JustHat
on 8/3/04 4:43 pm - NM
Gloria, I have been thinking. Since you are pretty sure you will go with a civilian doctor to get your surgery at your next base and you know what kinds of tests they are likely to want, then there is no reason you can't start doing some pre-op stuff now. It isn't like it will cost you anything. And, it might save you a lot of time. I have heard of at least a few people using their pre-op stuff from another state after a relocation. I think one of Dr. Weber's patients asked about it and he said it was ok as long as it wasn't too old. I figured that anything under a year wouldn't be too long. You would just need to make sure you got copies of everything and an address just incase you have to request a copy sent directly to the new doctor. On my profile, you know I have a list of the pre-op tests required. The only thing I have put on yet is a detailed list of what lab work needs to be done. But, I can give that to you. On the list, the only thing that TriWest didn't care about was the cortisol test. That must be a doctor thing. BTW, did you ever get that Gyn appointment that you needed? I am so glad we finally got our own gyn and I don't have to go to Ft. Lewis for that. Good luck. And, remember, anything to help, ~Hat
lightlyspice
on 8/4/04 3:00 am - Oak Grove, KY
I always check your profile out because it is so organize with what tests to take, and everything that has to be done. You have changed it around two or three times haven't you? I did get my Gyn appt. because I called back to try and schedule again and they gave me a same day appt. I guess some people had cancelled their appts. Everything came out fine except for that fistular thing which they are talking about I might have to have surgery for that but I was thinking,"what if the weight is causing this?". They want me to come in for that at the Uro/Gyn clinic upstairs Aug. 23. I think I am going to wait until I get to the next place to start my test and since I know what tests to take(thanks to you) it will be easier. I am sort of tired of Madigan. How are you doing? Did everything work out with the army? You know how the military is, if you are not benefiting them they will get rid of you. It is sad but true.
JustHat
on 8/4/04 3:42 am - NM
I have been going to Uro/Gyn since the first of the yest. They were actually the first to give me a referral for WLS. Unfortunately, they wrote it wrong and I still had to get another from another doc. Then they changed docs. But, I saw the new guy. He seems really nice. Just remember, if they say they need to do a Q-tip test, make sure they really need to do it. It is painful and it will burn for a while every time you pee. I refuse to have another one...ever. We are fighting the Air Force stuff. It is all about following the rules and fighting them their way. I am writting a letter for the first round of our fight and have to turn it in tomorrow. Then it will probably be a couple of weeks before we find out if it helps. Thanks for asking, ~Hat
Most Active