Lots going on!

Cori T.
on 8/3/04 10:26 am - Neah Bay, WA
Hi Everyone, sure seems to be busy on the board lately! Congrats to those of you who got approvals and fingers crossed for those still trying to go through the hoops trying to get approved. Hat, sounds like you're doing well! What kinds of things are you eating? I'm courious to see what people actually are eating, looking for ideas. I had my nutritional counseling last Tue. at Stevens...I'm having a hard time thinking up things (providing I get approved!) Any recipe sites for some good blenderized meals? Just talked w/Pam at Dr. Webers office, she only needs two things to sumbit to TriWest...the letter from Steven's saying I had the nutritional couseling (I have to call tomorrow and tell them to fax it to Pam) and for some reason, they didn't get a copy of my cortisol test results. I have a copy so I'll fax her that tomorrow. Soooooooo, now I wait to see what TriCare says. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
latzylove
on 8/3/04 3:12 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi Cori, Your in my prayers as you wait for your approval. I hate waitingI had to jump through my insurance hoops for almost a year. I was finally approved last Friday.Good luck on your journey to the losing side.
JustHat
on 8/3/04 5:34 pm - NM
3/4 of an egg, protein mixed in soy milk, hot tea (this is the only thing that does hurt when I consume it), spaghetti, 4 oz of Slim Fast with protein mixed in, pudding, cream of wheat I can have anything (healthy) that can be sucked through a straw after it comes out of the blender or chopper. Tomorrow I am going to go buy a shrimp. Just one because that is all I need for a meal. Talk about cheap date. LOL Today I was trying to figure out how to suck a Dick's hamburger and fries through a straw. We had never been there, but stopped after my appointment. I had to sit in the car with everyone eatting what smelled to be the best hamburgers ever. So far there are things I miss. But, the two I miss most are diet coke and being able to drink a large glass of water. Yesterday I would have paid good money if someone would have just hooked me up to an IV for an hour. I am trying to journal my foods at fitday.com. Since we can't post links, I will email it to you if you want. You are so close. Maybe will the little wait now, TriWest will have gotten caught up when you apply and you won't have to wait so long when you apply. ~Hat
ncarter11
on 8/4/04 1:34 am - Edmonds, WA
Buy *A* shrimp! THAT is soooooooo funny!!!! Blessings, Nan
JustHat
on 8/4/04 3:55 am - NM
I have a friend that is having a blast making fun of my portion sizes. I can tell you and her would get along very well. Speaking of my friend, I wasn't going to tell her. But, she turns out to be smarter than my DH. We had asked for her help while I was in the hospital and for her to be the emergency contact incase the babysitter had any problems while we were out of town. She asked about the surgery and I told her it was to repair some damage done by the kids and pregnancy. But, the more she listened, the more she figured out. On a guess, she started talking to DH one day as if I had told her. She didn't say much, but he opened right up to her. When I showed up and join the conversation, I figured he had told her. Later DH and I talked and realized that neither of us had told her. Tricky woman. But, I am glad she knows.
ncarter11
on 8/4/04 5:11 am - Edmonds, WA
Smart cookie, she is!
Most Active