Impatient in Tacoma

latzylove
on 8/3/04 8:40 am - Tacoma, WA
I spoke with Dr Srikanth's office yesterday and I faxed them my approval letter. The insurance lady said she would give it to the scheduler and I could try and get a hold of Karen later today So I waited (which was very hard...lol) and called Karen at 3pm. The receptionist said she was busy and only does scheduling on certain days! NON NO NO!!! I don't want to wait I want my date TODAY!!Ok I'm being a brat. Well anyway she said karen might call me by the end of the week (I'm thinking...WHAT!! thats like 3 days I have to wait!!) GOD PLEASE GIVE ME PATIENTS AND I NEED IT RIGHT NOW I am soo anxious to get my surgery date. Am I normal?????I feel like any overdue expectant mother. Thanks for listening to me vent.You all are wonderful
JustHat
on 8/3/04 9:10 am - NM
Completely normal...at least in this case. I had to wait about 2 weeks from when I knew I approved until I had my date. You might remember my complaining that the scheduler would take a day off and then the schedule book would take the next day off. It's all comical now. But, that was probably the worst two weeks of the whole thing. Just keep telling yourself...it will come, it will come, it will come. ~Hat
sspev
on 8/3/04 11:28 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
How blessed you are and lucky that you've been approved! I'm getting impatient waiting for my first consult appointment with my surgeon. It's another 10 days away. My insurance battle has not yet begun. Anyway, years ago a friend of mine used to quote to me: "Patience is a virtue; practice if you can!" Of course, she always said that to me 'cause she would find me sorely lacking and unable to practice the virtue of patience. Good luck -- soon you'll be on the other side of your surgery. -- Susan
RichardWash
on 8/3/04 4:34 pm
- Patience padawan.
Kimanne B
on 8/4/04 12:30 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Oh gosh Latzy, I'm the same way... I'm like seriously obsessed. Its like ok, I know I'm MO, I have these co-morbidities, insurance said it was ok to have surgery, now whats the problem>??? lol it should be just that easy shouldn't it??? LOL And now they want me to go to a seminar and consult w/ my surgeon. WHATTT??? Ugh.. thats like at least another two weeks away!! LOL I have to laugh at myself, since when was two weeks away a "long" time?? I'm acting like a teenager who is having to wait for their 16th birthday so they can get their drivers license!! LOL Not to mention I'm driving my poor daughter nuts talking about this stuff! So yessssssssssss I think its normal, or at least it is for me! (((HUGS LATZY))) Kimanne
ncarter11
on 8/4/04 3:55 am - Edmonds, WA
I am going thru the exact same thing!! I want my date NOW! I think I was better prepared for waiting for approval than waiting for a date. I'm struggling, but trusting, that everything will work out in HIS perfect time! Easier said than done. Blessings, Nan
Most Active