Support group @ Steven's Hospital - August

ncarter11
on 8/3/04 2:17 am - Edmonds, WA
Anyone planning to go? I think it's at 7pm Aug 12th. Can anyone confirm? I really want to go but am a little nervous. I'd love it if I would have an opportunity to meet some of you there. Blessings,
Lorie Z.
on 8/3/04 6:45 am - Lynnwood, WA
Is this group for before or after your surgery. Mine was in January. Could I go?
ncarter11
on 8/3/04 7:10 am - Edmonds, WA
I've not been to the support group before. I think the group is large - comprised of both pre and post op persons. I am pre op. The person who did my psych eval recommended that I attend before and after surgery. Please come!
Lorie Z.
on 8/3/04 7:42 am - Lynnwood, WA
I want to..My doctor, which was Dr. Weber recommends it too. But I don't know anyone and frankly I was afraid to go alone. I'll gather all my "scardy cat wits" and go. I've been a watcher on the board but I need to interact...My family doesn't understand what I'm going through..
ncarter11
on 8/3/04 8:23 am - Edmonds, WA
I know. It's tuff. I have also found that the people who understand this whole journey best are those who travel the same path. Around me, I have a few supporters, several worriers and a few (thankfully, quiet) nay-sayers. I am thankful for them all, but I enjoy sharing the ride with those who support me and my choice for WLS the best. Please do go, Lorie. We can meet up outside and sit together if you like. I feel the same way - nervous but I know we'll be glad we went. I didn't participate much on the boards til my approval - but I was on this site nearly every day! Here's a link to the group: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ossg-nw/ More Info: Stevens/Edmonds Support Group Meets 2nd Thur of each month, 7-9 PM Stevens Hospital, Edmonds 21601 76th Ave. W., Edmonds 2nd Floor Cafeteria Room (It's funny to me that the meeting is held in the cafeteria!) Many blessings!
Lorie Z.
on 8/3/04 10:05 am - Lynnwood, WA
Thank you for being so kind to me, yes I would love to go and meet with you. I would feel much better to sit with you also. How will we know each other? I could wear a large sign
sspev
on 8/3/04 11:33 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
I'm also planning to go, and it will be my first support group meeting -- but I'm really anticipating meeting so many of you wonderful, supportive people. Perhaps we could congregate in one corner of the cafeteria, and hold up a "newbies" sign -- or we'll all know each other because it will be so obvious to all of us that we're all pre-op? ! Looking forward to meeting you there! -- Susan
Lorie Z.
on 8/3/04 11:41 am - Lynnwood, WA
That would be the best idea.I would love to do that. It would'nt be so scarey then...can we?....
RichardWash
on 8/3/04 4:31 pm
- That is awefully close to me, I might drive down and check it out!
RichardWash
on 8/3/04 4:31 pm
- That is awefully close to me, I might drive down and check it out!
Most Active