Appt tomorrow

JustHat
on 8/2/04 5:34 pm - NM
Tomorrow is my one week appointment. I am looking forward to the weigh in. The last three nights, we have gone out for one mile walks. It feels really good. When I got home Friday, I was in tons of pain. I'll write more about that later. But, Saturday I was feeling pretty good. It was a good thing. DH didn't take any time off from work, so he went to work Friday night. Saturday, they all got hungry around diner time and stood around looking at me. I swear if I would have died, they would have to because the five of them can't seem to feed themselves. They ate out the whole time I was gone. Noone even did the dishes while I was in the hospital. I am back to full wife/mom duties except I refuse to carry the laundry up or down the stairs. When I was in the hospital, I had many surprise phone calls. My friend from Florida managed to figure out what hospital I would be at and called me on my second day. I was walking the halls when the nurses chased me down to tell me I had a call. I heart stopped because I thought one of my kids was sick. But, instead I stood in the hall and had a wonderful talk. Rachael also suprised me with a call which was just as nice. She sent all of your well wishes. And, another friend gave me a call. These are more calls that I receive in the average month. I also got a surprise visitor. On my second day when Dr. W stopped by to see me, he said he had someone doing her pre-op work up and wanted to see the room. Since I was doing well, he asked if she could stop by. DH was gone. So, I was excited. She turned out to be a very wonderful person with almost my exact body. We talked for a while before she had to leave to get back to Tacoma. I think the thing that shocked me the most was that even though she didn't know me, she brought me a gift- nice vase and a mag. Tomorrow, I get to go visit her even though she will only be hours out of surgery. So, it will be short. I am taking a cough pillow for the long ride home. The one hour ride took us 2 1/2 to 3 hours last Friday because of traffic. Anyway, the reason I mention all of this is because there are so many amazing wonderful people in my life. Thank you all. I haven't posted much. Some of you know that my husband is under a medical review. This has been going on for over a year. Friday night after some rest but still feeling the pain, DH called from work. Instead of cross training him like we want or medically retiring him like we expected, they decide to give us a small amount of money and discharge him. That means no benifits. I have a handicapped son that need medical insurance. We will have none. I need follow up appointments and, God forbid, another surgery due to complications. I have four boys. We will be out with no income and no insurance and no retirement in less than 2 months. This is killing me. And, the stress is so much greater than the stress of the surgery. We will, of course, fight this to the end. But, now all of my energy is going into trying to get my water and protein in each day and fighting this job thing. I am so angry that for 13 1/2 my husband has been willing to put his life on the line at any point for his country and now they are so quick to turn their backs on us. Ok so there's an update from me. One great thing and one really bad thing all in one week.
latzylove
on 8/3/04 12:34 am - Tacoma, WA
Welcome Home Hat..I missed your posts for a few days. I'm glad your doing ok. Sorry life has been crazy for you since you have been home.Your post made me cry people can be so sweet and compassionate.How frustrating dealing with all that BS from the military. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
ncarter11
on 8/3/04 12:36 am - Edmonds, WA
HAT! OMGoodness - that's major. I am so sorry to hear about your hubby's impending discharge! I wish they came back with a different answer. Man. Is this their final answer? 13.5 years! WOW! I know that I would be so stressed. Try to look to God for hope and security at this time. I will pray for you, your husband and your family. On the other hand - you sound great!!!! I am very inspired by how well you sound. A MILE?!!? Excellent! So soon. Impressive! Thanks for sharing about your hospital visit. I think it's important for us all to know how we impact each other. God bless and keep you. Look to Him as much as you can!
Most Active