Renton, WA surgery at WISH Center

karenyt
on 8/1/04 5:26 am - Renton, WA
My surgery - open RNY - is scheduled with the WISH Center, Renton, WA for 09-15-2004. I have had my initial consult and my pre-op appointment is 08-23-04. I am currently on the food journal - exercise journal - vitamins, B12 complex and calcium citrate - phase which is required by my surgeon. Anyone else in the local to Seattle area? I am new to this board, excited, feeling scared and could use and offer support in this exciting process!! Karen Thompson
latzylove
on 8/1/04 5:50 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi Karen, Wecome to the board! Congrats on your upcoming surgery I just recently was approved (friday) after battling with my insurance for almost a year. I will hopefully get my date this week.I understand all the emotions your going through I feel the same way. This obesity site is wonderful and there are always people here who have good advise and they are soo supportive Please feel free to e-mail me anytime.I'll keep you in my prayers.
Kimanne B
on 8/1/04 10:07 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Karen! Congratulations! I'm sure you will do just fine with the surgery! This is an emotional journey as well as a physical one, my emotions are all mixed together too! Heck, and I don't even have a date yet! Please keep us posted on your progress. Oh, I've heard the WISH center is a very nice place I will keep you and your family in my prayers Kimanne
jessiej
on 8/1/04 3:16 pm
I too am having surgery there with Dr. Alperovich. Pre-op is august 17th, and surgery is august30th! Jess
tinktee
on 8/2/04 3:46 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hi Karen, welcome to the OH web site. I found this wonderful site several week's ago. You have come to the right place, many carring folk's and ton's of information I have found here. Keep in touch ok? God bless, Tee
Annie O.
on 8/3/04 6:11 am - Anacortes, WA
Dr. A at the Renton WISH Center is awesome! He did my open RNY Sept of '03 and I have had absolutely NO problems! At that time I used friends and resources from this board/website quite a bit. I kept in touch with a few friends who also used Dr. A and we all came through with flying colors. However I do wish I had sugar dumping - it would help me keep away from that darn candy! Good Luck to you! Annie
Jessica C.
on 8/6/04 10:39 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Karen, I had my pre op appointment today. Surgery is scheduled for Aug. 18th. I have been going to the support group meetings that are held once a month through the Wish Center. I highly recommend them. Good luck to you. Jessica
karenyt
on 8/14/04 11:17 am - Renton, WA
Jessica, Good luck with your surgery and I am sure all will go well. I look forward to meeting you at the WISH Support group meetings in Renton. Are you happy with your decision to use WISH and the Dr., program, etc? I am 31 days from surgery and getting excited, desperately waiting, and also scared. I have Dr. Strain and Dr. A will be assisting. My pre-op is 08-23-04 and surgery is 09-15-04. Feel free to email me or respond through web site. Again, good luck!! Karen Y. Thompson
Most Active