Insurance exclusions... looking for good doc lower cost

Lynn E.
on 7/31/04 6:40 pm - Lynnwood, WA
Hi all... I just found this site and so far have found all of the posts and messages to be extremely helpful. So thank you so much in advance for helping me with all the questions I have had and will continue to have. I am just in the beginning stages of looking into surgery and I am particularly interested in the bypass. Unfortunately, my insurance company has specific exclusion against the surgery (and from what Ive read on other parts of this site they simply will not pay) so if I ever do this I'll have to pay for it out of pocket/financing. Therefore, I was wondering if there was a general sense of the least expensive way/where to get the surgery done while still getting good care. Would you suggest like a doc through Virginia Mason or would you think a place like the WISH Center would be more reasonable? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks so much This is in and around the seattle area
Kimanne B
on 7/31/04 6:53 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Lynn and welcome to the board! I must admit, since I have medicare, I don't really know about exclusions from other insurance companies. But what I might suggest is posting your message on the main message board. I have read a lot of posts there pertaining to insurance exclusions. The Washington board tends to be kinda slow at times, so I think the main one would best suit what you're looking for. As for the WISH Center, I know they can mail you a packet of information, generally they won't discuss price over the phone tho. I know this doesn't help much, but maybe the main board could help more God Bless and best wishes in your WLS journey. Kimanne
Kimanne B
on 7/31/04 6:56 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Oh gosh, I must be too tired... What I also meant to say is, sometimes there are ways you can fight the exclusion (from what I've read on this site). Thats why I thought the main board might have some good ideas for you! lol...... i've also heard of a website call www.obesitylaw.com. Whew, I think I'll go to bed soon. Sorry that first one didn't make sense Kimanne
RichardWash
on 8/1/04 3:09 am
- You need to find yourself a obesity lawyer to help you fight, like the link she posted with obesity law.... they can help you ! Just one thing you have to do... NEVER GIVE UP CAUSE ITS A HARD BATTLE!
Most Active