Baaaack home

JustHat
on 7/30/04 4:10 pm - NM
We got into town tonight a little after five. The guys dropped me off here at home and went on to foodball practice. I rested for a couple of hours, then woke for a diner of chopped pills, pain meds and tomato soup. I feel pretty good. Heck it would be hard to not feel good on these drugs. I has taken me a couple of hours to read the board because I keep falling asleep. For that reason, I will post about my week later. I just wanted to pop in and tell ever one thanks for all of the support. ~~Hat
Tanja Y
on 7/30/04 4:34 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Good to see you back. Congrats on everything Your dinner didn't sound good....lol. Chopped up pills? How not yummy. I love my liquid pain meds. They even taste halfway decent.....lol. Good luck on your recovery!!! ~Tanja
Kimanne B
on 7/30/04 4:41 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Welcome Home!!! So good to hear you are home and doing well Many blessings for your recovery! keep us posted how you're doing. Kimanne
sassy
on 7/30/04 5:24 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{super big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} i am so glad you are home!! now of course you know, that as soon as you are feeling up to it, we want to hear every last detail!!!!!! if you need anything, give me a shout, i am here for you!!
Andrea W.
on 7/30/04 8:49 pm - Kent, WA
I am sending all my good wishes for a happy recovery!!!! Glad you are back home!!!!
JustHat
on 7/31/04 12:14 am - NM
OK here are the starts of details. I have trouble sleep through a whole night. So, I am up until DH gets home from work. Then I will head back to work. Surgery was Tuesday morning at 8. DH drew a happy face on my belly. It worked to bring lots of smiles to the faces of people around me. Check in was pretty normal. I was nervous, but not too much. DH made me stop asking everyone that was going to be working on me if they had gone our partying the night before. He has no sence of humor sometimes. I don't really remember the moment I when out. But, I do figure they were happy to shut me up. I tell bad bad jokes when I get nervous. Waking up was beyond all that I had expected. I was in so much pain that I couldn't talk in full sentences. They kept pumping me full of pain meds until it was finally managable. I was on morphine with a booster of some other pain stuff. When I was waking up, I remember wondering if I had lost my mind to do something like this to my body. In the middle of trying to get control of the pain, a guy next to me went into convultions. I remember feeling really selfish because while I wanted the guy to be ok, I wanted at least one person to stay with me. Thankfully there was enough staff that I still had someone there pumping me with drugs. And, as far as I could tell, the guy next to me came out alright even though he was going into convultions again when I was leaving recovery. At about 11 I arrived in my room. I didn't have a cathater in. And, I definately didn't want one. I remembered from giving birth how important it is to get out of bed. So, at about 11:20, I said I wanted to go pee. Of course I didn't need to. But, I wanted everyone to know I was going to try. Since I was up, I figured we might as well take a walk. I didn't find out until later that this wasn't normal behaviour. Even on my last day in the hospital, the nurses were still calling me the one that wouldn't stay in bed. More to come. But, DH is home and it is bed time now. ~~Hat
ncarter11
on 7/31/04 1:02 am - Edmonds, WA
YEAH!!!! I am so glad read of your healthy return and a few of the details of your experience. You really sound great! I hope that you continue to rest well and recover beautifully. Continue updating as you can - we all want to know! Blessings and peace!
lightlyspice
on 7/31/04 2:27 pm - Oak Grove, KY
I am so happy that you are recovering so well. Keep your head up and continue to concentrate on your body healing.
Kimanne B
on 7/31/04 3:03 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
hehe, I love the smiley face he drew on your tummy! and girl, i will be doing the same thing.. making sure everyone attending me got their share of rest the night before lol. i'm just so glad to hear you are doing well.. and yes, i remember from childbirth as well how important it is to walk. you are remarkable I will keep you in my prayers Kimanne
catly
on 7/31/04 9:26 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, Hat, I am so glad to hear that your surgery is done and you are back home. Congratulations! I hope it goes as smoothly as possible. The smiley face sounds cute, lol. LM
Most Active