Frustrated

Alice K.
on 7/27/04 7:47 am - Tacoma, WA
I have a BMI of 48.1 but my insurance could care less. I called them (PEEB Regence) and they said they can't do anything to help me. Is anybody here a public employee who has had any luck getting approved for surgery? I've spent so much money on medications for my reflux and such, I don't see why they wouldn't approve a one time surgery. Bah! I'm just so frustrated! Any help would be appreciated!
latzylove
on 7/27/04 9:11 am - Tacoma, WA
Alice, you might look at the top of this page and find a link that says "insurers" then search for your plan.Look and see if other members have the same insurance as you and what they have done to try and get approval.Have you found a surgeon or been to any seminars? I have heard a rumor that the WISH center in Auburn deals with insurance problems and can also work out a payment plan(this is what I hear I don't know for sure) Good luck on your weight loss journey. I hope this helps.I'll keep you in my prayers.
ebonynurse8654
on 7/28/04 10:59 am - Lakewood, WA
Hello Alice I can understand your frustration. I am a state employee currently on disability but one of my co-workers has had wls and she is also on this site. Her name is Maureen Rouse. Contact her and see what info she can give you. I believe she had Pacific Care. Good Luck to you.
Most Active