All the friendly words!!

Andrea W.
on 7/22/04 6:52 pm - Kent, WA
You know, I sit here at night after work reading all the postings here that range anywhere from hopes and dreams to troubles and reality and literally a tear comes to my eye. Reading about everyone and all the support that comes from this board brings a light to the end of my tunnel!! It has been a long dark road for me having been overweight all of my life!! Always telling myself that being big is just a part of who I am meanwhile felling worse and worse! Until I heard about this website and message board!! Reading about all the people here and the sincere positive words that everyone has to say is amazing to me. For once I don't feel so alone and decided to start this journey and hopefully a new happier chapter in my life!!! And after talking to my parents about my decision (hoping that I would have their supoport) my mom has decided to join me and have the sugery also!!! Still some hoops to jump through for insurance, but I look forward to the future now instead of dreading it and I want to THANK ALL of the supportive wonderful people here that have brought a light back to my life that I thought was gone!!! With all of my heart - THANK YOU!!!!
JustHat
on 7/22/04 7:38 pm - NM
I was telling my DH today that with all of the info, life style changes, emotions, insurance dealings and so much more, it doesn't seem like my doctor's office has been that helpful with preparing me and providing information. If it weren't for this site, I would be completely lost. Not to mention completely scared off my rocker. I know there is bad information out there. And, the insurance companies probably aren't happy we are out here helping each other work the system. But, the docs should be happy that we are out here supporting each other. Good luck to you and your mother. It is great that you are going to have each other to support. ~~Hat
talkingkatz
on 7/22/04 11:43 pm - Maple Valley, WA
I often wonder if this were another type of surgery, if it would be so difficult to coordinate everything. I bet not.
Most Active