Who submits request for wls?

Tammy _.
on 7/22/04 12:24 pm - Puyallup, WA
I saw the surgeon at UW last year but I was denied by Regence. I want to resubmit and then appeal as I think that I have a good case. Does the surgeon have to be the one to send the request in or can it be a PCP? Also, anyone know how much it costs to hire the attorney that represents most people when trying to get wls approved? Thanks, Tammy
latzylove
on 7/22/04 2:56 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi Tammy, My insurance company denied me in Dec 2003. When I just recently re applied for approval from them my surgeon's office submitted all the paperwork again. It's best to resubmit everything again instead of just adding on to your previous claim.I checked into hiring an attorney last year (I found it somewhere on the obesity help website) while searching. If I'm remembering correctly it started at approx $450.Go get em!! I'm sooo tired of these insurance companies and the run around they put us through when it's obvious that this surgery is medically necessary
Tammy _.
on 7/23/04 6:16 am - Puyallup, WA
Thanks for the info. I am frustrated with the insurance companies too! They definitely are business minded and not out for the patient's best interest. It's the same in dentistry, too. I am a dental hygienist, and I can't begin to tell you the hoops we have to jump through in order to get the treatment ok'd before we are able to take care of the patients' needs. ARGH!! Anyway, I will contact the surgeon's office and ask them to resubmit my paperwork so I can begin my appeal. Tammy
Most Active