Packing for the Hospital:)

Kimanne B
on 7/21/04 8:17 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
To all my brothers and sisters in weight loss, can you suggest things I might need in the hospital, other then slippers, sleep clothes and personal hygene stuff?? I have no idea what to expect or what I will be able to do! I haven't even gotten my date yet and I'm already making lists of things that need to be taken care of while I'm in the hospital! Arghhh.... lol... I am so excited I just can't stop thinking about it! ~ Seems like all I do lately is think about the surgery. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for your input! ~Kimanne
JustHat
on 7/22/04 9:11 am - NM
I need to get with it and pack. Here is my list. Personal items like brush, tooth paste, tooth brush, pads (just in case), chapstick, shampoo and conditioner. I asked if I would be able to wear a bra right after surgery. This is a big deal for me because I wear a bra 24/7. The doc showed me where my cut would be and said to bring a bra that would be least likely to rub and maybe some padding to keep it from rubbing. Also on the list are easy on slippers, robe, PJs, underwear (extra just in case Aunt Flo shows up and causes problems), personal battery operated fan (I have heard this suggested several times), and toilet paper. I don't know what they have in the civilian world. But, every time I gave birth, I took my own TP because the military uses John Wayne tiolet paper. And, while we are talking about that area, a lot of people suggest taking thongs. Another thing that comes to mind is your own pillow. And, don't forget to bring your going home clothes. A friend also suggested getting glycerin swab sticks. It is easier to quote her..."I bought some glycerin swab sticks for the time that I wouldn't be able to eat or drink and they worked very well to keep my lips and tongue moist." And, the most important thing on my list...a picture of my boys. ~HatBox
Cori T.
on 7/22/04 9:42 am - Neah Bay, WA
Hey, was just thinking of you and double checked on your surgery date just this morning. It's still Tue? Is it at Stevens? Guess what? I'll be at Stevens on Tue for my Nutrional consult! I'll be thinking of you then, best of luck! Oh, to add to your list. I remember reading somewhere that your mouth feels icky and you can't get up to brush your teeth so get those mouth wash strips that melt on your tongue. Or how about those new finger wipe toothbrush thingies that have that dumb commerical out right now. Maybe also some fresh wipes.
Kimanne B
on 7/22/04 3:30 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Wow, some of those things I never would have thought of I am very picky about my pillow, so thats one MAJOR thing I forgot lol. The glycerin swap sticks and the fan sound like very good ideas as well. Thanks so much for your input! Good luck in your surgery and weight loss! God Bless, ~Kimanne
Duffers M.
on 7/25/04 6:28 am - South Colby, WA
TAKE YOUR OWN PILLOW. Dh made an Ikea run to get me one while I was at Vallery. Those rubbery covered ones yuck. Also take chapstick, I would have died with out mine. Other than that I didn't need much. Tanis
Most Active