Did you see lady on KOMO4news?

lightlyspice
on 7/21/04 1:04 am - Oak Grove, KY
I think it was KOMO 4 News, that had gastric bypass and could not stop losing weight. She is 53 but she looked 73 and she was in the hospital. Does anyone know why that happens sometimes? Now they are trying to get her to gain 20lbs. so that they can preform surgery to see what is wrong or to reverse the gatric bypass. They asked her would she do it again and I think she said yes, even though she is near death.
Yvonne B.
on 7/21/04 9:17 am
What more information did you hear or remember? Maybe the doctors name?
Rachael E.
on 7/21/04 10:46 am
Maybe she had a not so great Dr.??? It could be that her Dr. performed an extreem distal. Her malabsorbtion sp? could be very serious due to the extreem distal....this is why you must have exhausted all other options before this surgery....and not just get it because you are too lazy to try anything else.
RichardWash
on 7/21/04 12:32 pm
Yeah got any more information on that?
lightlyspice
on 7/21/04 5:45 pm - Oak Grove, KY
Sorry everyone!ABCNews.com. I watch so much new until I get them confuse. I have also posted some of the info about the article. You can read the whole article at the ABC site.
Rachael E.
on 7/21/04 1:05 pm
I think ( I am just saying what I think)....a proximal is more rewarding...you have to work a bit more, but you still absorb your vitamins and nutrients....Dr. Weber talks about the unsafe ways at his seminar....orientation thing. She may have had a duodenal switch too...plus a a distal of the small intestines...yikes! That would make you incredibly thin. Sounds like a dream, but when if you knew how serious it all is....it can get pretty dangerous. There are some people on OH that have had these troubles and I have read their profiles....they usually end up being ok, some of them have to work at keeping their weight at a healthy level....I'm not sure if they could reverse a distal bypass...they take the intestine out....unless they can put in some fancy fake stuff in the patient??? When I look at people's profiles and it says RNY type unknown- that's scarey, it means they aren't sure what kind of bypass they had/having...proximal or distal....I think everyone should know what they are having done to their body before they have it done....proximal is anything under 100 centimeters and distal is anything over 100 centimeters....meaning they take out 110 centimeters or they take out more/less.
Carol K.
on 7/29/04 5:16 am - Lynnwood, WA
I think a lot of the people who claim their surgery is "unknown" is due to the fact that there is a third option that is not listed. I had a medial surgery in January and am so healthy and happy I cannot believe the change! I'm 20 pounds from my goal weight and am living a very happy, well nourished life. I did a LOT of resear*****luding talking with Dr. Weber before my decision. Just wanted to speak up for some of us "unknowns" to ease other people's minds that we absolutely do know what we are doing. Perhaps some of the other "unknowns" also had a medial surgery. Best wishes to you in your quest for health and happiness.
latzylove
on 7/21/04 3:38 pm - Tacoma, WA
I was looking on the KOMO website and couldn't find anything about that but I really would like to read the story. Let us know if you have anymore info..... thanks
lightlyspice
on 7/21/04 5:47 pm - Oak Grove, KY
Sorry about that, you will find it at ABCNews.com
latzylove
on 7/22/04 7:13 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks Gloria for the info. I like to read up on stuff that pertains to WLS.
Most Active