got a date

Dan G.
on 7/20/04 9:12 am - spokane, wa
Called Doctor Rawlins office Been APPROVED!!! and allso got a date oct 12 !!Its been almost 2 weeks !! They said I did not need approval from the insurance co. as long as I met certain criteria and i did that with no problem. Now I have to see my heart doctor =get a phys eval- galbladder ultrasound- and some other stuff .
calvoso
on 7/20/04 9:24 am - My hometown, WA
Dan, Congratulations on your approval. Let us know when you get your date. I had mine done with Dr. Schrock in Spokane last year. If you ever have any questions please email me anytime. Good luck Calvin
Dan G.
on 7/20/04 9:29 am - spokane, wa
Thanks !!How long were you off work after your operation ?
calvoso
on 7/20/04 9:33 am - My hometown, WA
I was only out 2 weeks before I went back part time for the next two. After that I was back to work full time.
sassy
on 7/21/04 4:02 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
just out of curiosity, what do you do? would the time still be about the same for say someone who works in a factory or doing manual labour as it would be for say someone who could sit most of the day? not trying to be nosey, just wondering... when my dad had open heart he was out for a few months.
Rachael E.
on 7/21/04 1:08 pm
open heart surgey is quite a bit more invasive then GBS....your heart is your most viable organ. Derek was ready to go back to work after two weeks....he didn't return until 3 1/2 weeks out though.
lightlyspice
on 7/20/04 2:13 pm - Oak Grove, KY
go Dan, go Dan, CONGRATULATIONS:
catly
on 7/20/04 3:05 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, Congrats! Oct. 12th is my birthday! Hope that brings you good luck, lol! I have not posted for a while. My surgery was June 23rd, and I was so caught up in it all beforehand I just haven't posted much since my surgery. I am doing fine, with the exception of having some trouble getting liquids down. Food goes down fine, wouldn't you know lol. I have lost 30 pounds so I am glad of that. Good luck to the rest of you on your journeys. LM
sassy
on 7/20/04 5:18 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
congrads!! soon you will be on the "loosing side"!! my surgery is 01 SEP so we can sit around and wait together lol definately keep us posted!!
Lisa R.
on 7/21/04 1:01 pm - Veradale, WA
Dan, I have mine scheduled with Dr.Bright (he works with Rawlins) on 8/2/04....I saw him in April and was just scheduled. I had the pre-work, gallbaladder ultasound etc done on Monday. My original date was in September but was moved up due to cancellations. Ask Carol to put you on the cancellation list if you want to try to move the date up. I have BCBS and they were a bit nervous to schedule me since they do not pre-auth. But I meet the criteria. Good Luck!! Lisa
Most Active