Nesting Phase....

sassy
on 7/19/04 6:31 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Okay, so tell me, is anyone else going through this, "let's clean everything that will stand still until 1:30 in the morning" phase, or is it just me???? I swear, for the last week I have been cleaning like crazy!! I am running out of things to clean!! You should see my closets! Even they are spotless!!! This includes outside storage closets people .... I am seriously going through something!! I can't get tired enough to go to bed at a decent hour anymore, I try, but I toss and turn and turn and toss, and say, Alright! and go clean until my mind will let me sleep! I have also been an over-emotional drama queen who weeps at the drop of a hat too... That is driving Mark crazy!! He hates to see me cry anyways, but I think he is getting immune to it... Why do men have to be so numb when it comes to emotions?? Drives me crazy! I dunno... I think I am loosing it. Pleeeeeeeeeeeese somebody, ANYbody! Tell me you are going through this too and it's not just me!! Alright... I am finished with this edition of my saga. Tune in next time! LOL
karen C.
on 7/19/04 11:55 pm - Kennewick, WA
Must be a "westside" thing! I sure haven't caught it over here. Too blooming hot to even think about cleaning. Bring all that extra energy over here and you can just clean to your little heart's content! I'm using all my energy trying to figure out what the heck will please Uniform Medical enough to ok my surgery! Have a great day everybody. I don't post often but sure enjoy reading and am learning so much.
Rachael E.
on 7/20/04 1:40 am
I have this thing...while I am on hold with TriWest (which is about 3 hours out of my day), I clean everything... Both Derek and I are big time clean freaks anyway. I have this problem with germs....I am always bleaching and using lysol. Bad habit...to be scared of normal germs. I also have this thing with keeping closets and every nook organized....drives people crazy. My bleach problem drives Derek up the wall. We bought a house this past weekend and we are going to have a BUSY month next month....so I am allready going nuts. It's not a bad thing being clean.it's better than being filthy....right? You should have seen me when we had the twins....Don't let it drive you crazy....if you're sick of cleaning try a new hobbie...color code your cothes in your closets....write a book, organize photos, write a journal, get a wish catalog....I have a new Pottery Barn catalog and I go through it planning my rooms.it's so much fun.
sassy
on 7/20/04 3:49 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I am constantly walking around with a wash cloth and a bottle of lysol, i even spray down my couches and pillows with lysol so they dont start stinking. i am very lysol happy lol i just like the smell of a clean house, i want people to know when they walk through my door my house is clean. one of my biggest freak outs though is about my floors. i have hard wood floors through all of my house except the kitchen and bathrooms and they drive me batty in the head because they are always dirty. i do not understand it... where does the dirt come from??? we don't usually wear shoes in the house, they come off at the door, and i am constantly sweeping!! a lot of it is my hair, which i never realized, but i lose a lot of hair... don't understand that one either, but i find it in the darndest of places like my dryer's lint trap! crazy! last night i put the baby in bed with daddy and i rearranged her room and cleaned everything with lysol and made it more interesting for her. i taped up flash cards with colors and shapes that had pooh on them and set out her puzzles and certain toys i know she enjoys. then about 2 am i put her back in her bed. i like to sprinkle baby powder on her sheets when i make her bed too. i love the "baby" smell, so even though she is almost 3, she still smells like a baby when she wakes up and when she goes to bed. as far as color coding the closets, been there done that... found some stuff that hadnt been worn in a while too lol i guess when all else fails i could just go about and rearrange furniture again. though even that is getting a bit old. *sigh* i dunno, i will think of something. i woke up early this morning and took a long shower so i was fully awake, then i woke up kaylee so i had to stay out of the bed, so hopefully by tonight i will be too exhausted to try to clean. i think a big factor of it is that i am PMS'ing again, so instead of being grouchy, i keep my mouth shut and clean that way i can still be the sweet spirited wife who is just cleaning crazy lol my husband learned a while back that if he gets me upset, i clean really fast, really thoroughly... he used to get me going just to watch me clean because he thought it was funny. he has since stopped that when i attacked his nascar room. we had to come to an agreement, he won't stir me up if i don't touch his nascar room. deal! no problem! okay, i think i am done babbeling for now... talk to ya soon!
Cori T.
on 7/20/04 8:24 am - Neah Bay, WA
He Renee...you're welcome to bring that energy over to my house anytime. hehehe, hey, we live right on the water, access to a nice beach etc... come on over!
Rachael E.
on 7/20/04 9:19 am
Yeah, I do the furniture thing too....for awhile I use to have all of the DVD's and videos in alphabetical organization...I had to get over that, people would ome over and drive me nuts about it. I like to sit down and plan two weeks of lunches and dinners....for breakfast I let the kids pick between a few things....I do the planning for all that, then make my grocery list. That's takes a little of my time so i am not so nutso. Or sometimes I will sit and write letters for my boys...so when they get older they can see what our life was like.
Most Active