Need referral 4 psych evaluation

talkingkatz
on 7/16/04 9:38 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi - this site is wonderful. I need a Seattle area psychologist or psychiatrist to do a psychological evaluation before WLS. did it include written testing or do you know of someone I could call???
MarinaS
on 7/16/04 3:44 pm - Small Town, WA
I went through St. Francis Hospital, Federal Way. There is the NW Center for Weight Management there where they do all the appointments and hoops to jump through for several Bariatic Surgeons. I used their Health Psychologist, Dr. Gregory Dorris. He knows Gastric Bypass and is part of the team. He also runs a support group in Olympia where I attend. I went through the nightmare of first trying my psychologist, a wonderful 90 pound woman who knows nothing about Gastric Bypass surgery and thinks one can just go on a diet. I did not want to take the chance of her doing my psych. evaluation. Mine consisted of answering some simple true false questions on paper and telling the evaluator what I knew about the surgery I was having. Good Luck.
latzylove
on 7/16/04 3:53 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi Sandy, If you go to the link "site map" at the top of the page you can find under proffesional directory info that might help you. Dr Gregory Dorris is in Tacoma/Olympia but he is wonderful! He gives you a relaxation CD to listen to before/after your surgery. Good luck I hope this helps.
Most Active