I'm so sad.

karen C.
on 7/16/04 8:45 am - Kennewick, WA
Guess I was hoping I'd be the "one in a million" that was approved by Uniforrm Medical Plan the first time. Wrong! They just received the letter of medical necessity from my doctor's office on Tuesday and I got a denial in the mail today. My PCP has her letter almost ready to go. Do I send anything personal with that letter? I don't want to waste any appeals but am not exactly sure how to proceed. Will Uniform's office staff give me any "clues"? I know I really need this. I'm 350 with a BMI of 61, high bp, high chlosterol, restless legs, family history of diabetes and heart disease. . . .Guess none of those things can be life threatening However, I'm not a quitter. I may not be physically strong right now, but I am mentally strong and determined! Thanks for listening. Karen
talkingkatz
on 7/16/04 11:14 am - Maple Valley, WA
I'm sorry you're feeling so sad. And, this whole process can be soooo disheartening. I think if you keep plugging away you will get to the resolution you want. Have you ever had a sleep study done? I'm covered because of sleep apnea and GERD/hiatal hernia 370#s.. I would think you could be covered on BMI. Hang in there and there are others that are suffering through this on this site, too.
latzylove
on 7/16/04 3:40 pm - Tacoma, WA
Karen, perhaps you could ask them specifically why they denied you. Sometimes it's a matter of needing further documentaion. In my case with BC/BS of IL they wanted me on a monitored weight loss program for six months through my doctor. I just completed that and now I'm playing the waiting game again.I also wrote them a letter about what I struggle with on a daily basis related to my obesity Don't give up.If it's not an exclusion on your policy you fight for it. I'll keep you in my prayers
Sonja S.
on 7/17/04 6:24 pm - Issaquah, WA
Karen, I don't have any practical advice to give, as I'm still trying to figure out how to get approved, too, but I definately sympathize with you. Keep trying!
Most Active