Bored.

Rachael E.
on 7/15/04 5:04 am
Why's everyone so boring lately? Anything new? Same ol crud here.
calvoso
on 7/15/04 6:51 am - My hometown, WA
This board is getting a little quiet lately. I just got out of the hospital last week, but other than that we're all just waiting to hear how Derek is doing. Any more news on your surgery?
sassy
on 7/15/04 2:23 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I was wondering why we hadn't heard anything out of you, but you said you were in the hospital, and since you are out and typing, I will assume everything is okay. ??
lightlyspice
on 7/15/04 9:52 am - Oak Grove, KY
You ask for it Rachel, so here I go. On Aug. 13, Tues., I went to the support group only to find out that Dr. carter is here, Ticare and the people at the surgical clinic told me he would not be bac****il August or the end of July. So after the support group I tried to get in to see Dr. Carter, but the girl up front asked did I have an appt. and she also said he was with a patient. I told her my situation which I don't think it made a difference. I don't know how other people get these people to do what they want, maybe I need to read a book about the power of persuasion. Well she told me did I know that sometimes it takes up to 2 years to have the surgery. Yes, but they also said that if you are pcsing that sometimes they can get you in before you leave. She said that she would give this information to Dr. Carter and that he would probably call me in a couple of days. I doubt it, we will see. I don't know if it was meant for me to get this surgery or not. The reason I say that is this: Yesterday I called to force an appt. for my pap, you know they said they didn't have any appt. about three weeks ago and that they would call me back. So when I called Wed. morning to demand an appt. the lady asked if I could come in at 12:30noon. I went in at 12:30noon didn't get out until 3:00p.m. They were about an hour and a half behind, and they also had a fire drill. The wait was sort of worth it I guess because she checked on a problem that I was still having, even though I had surgery for the problem 2 yrs. ago at Madigan. I had my pap, and got dress only to be told to undress again from the waist down because the head person of the ob/gyn wanted to check on the surgical area. He found a small opening still in that area so now I may have to have surgery again for that area instead of the gastric surgery. Ooooooh Here is the good part, we have to pcs in September because Uncle Sam wants to start a new grp. to get ready to go over to Iraq. I will be moving somewhere new and my husband will probably be leaving soon after. Now how I am going to work any surgeries in here, move and whatever, is amazing to me. The sad part is if I had to pick which surgery to have I would probably pick gastric bypass. I was trying to have that surgery before we left but I don't think it is going to happen. That means I have to start over on a list at the hospital at Ft. Campbell.
Rachael E.
on 7/16/04 2:02 am
Man oh man Gloria! I hope everything is ok? Like I siad if you ever need any help please don't hesitate to ask. Stay well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active