Orange Juice

Tanja Y
on 7/14/04 1:20 am - Wahiawa, HI
I was looking to buy juice for me to drink once I get home from the hospital. First checked OJ trying to keep in mind I wanted one low in sugar and that was real......pulp free.......and didn't cost more per ounce then gold. I found some organic juice.....it was almost $5.00 for a carton! WOW As I stood there comparing labels my kids kept saying "just get the sunny D Mom, that's what WE like" so I gave up and decided to get other juice. Heck it's confusing! I know what kind I buy for the kids.....but never noticed how many grams of sugar their juice has, even with the label that says 100% juice, no sugar added. I finally just bought some Crystal Lite Sunrise, figured I couldn't go wrong with that! But it still isn't real oj or apple juice and I know I'm going to be wanting some.....I love OJ and apple juice. So what do you guys drink????
JustHat
on 7/14/04 1:35 am - NM
I don't drink juice. I like Sunny D. But, from what I have read, that stuff is really bad for you. The kids love it but rarely get it. To them, that is gold. I would suggest checking out Trader Joe's. I have friends that swear by TJs.
calvoso
on 7/14/04 1:51 am - My hometown, WA
I found a juice last week that tastes great as is low in carbs and sugar. For Apple juice it only has 30 calories for a 8 oz glass. It is by a company called Old Orchard. The only place I've found it is at Rosauer's. It is really good. Enjoy. Calvin
Rachael E.
on 7/14/04 2:56 am
We stock up on Propel at Costco. My husband loves juice, but he has only wanted H2O, Propel, and sometimes Crystal light. Everything else is just too sweet for him...For most, not all, but most people your taste buds change and things are much stronger then pre-surgery. You can always get a juicer- they have a nice one at costco and make your own juice. The best homemade juice is carrot, orange, pineapple then blend with ice....mmm so refreshing. I was a manager at a "trendy" juice and coffee shop so I have tons of healthy recipes if anyone wants. Good luck on your juice quest. Rachael
sassy
on 7/14/04 11:27 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I have a dumb question.... what abou****ering down the juice like we do for the babies?? Wouldn't that help with the sweetness and the sugar, as well as make it stretch??? I have tried the crystal lite's as well, but I even have found that I like it better when I add a little more water than what it calls for. I dunno... maybe it's just me?
Most Active