I am in need of more info for medicaid

LRoman
on 7/5/04 4:39 pm - Aberdeen, WA
Sorry to come and gripe some more about things, but if I do not get help with this then I will not be able to get the RNY surgery done. I was recently denied from medicaid saying that they feel that there is no SCIENTIFIC MEDICAL EVIDENCE that shows that having this surgery will help me with my problems. I have a BMI of 56.9, I am a diabetic, with high blood pressure, arthritis, reflux disease, agoraphobia, infertility, depression and possibly sleep apnea. I am on medication for high blood pressure, depression, arthritis, and on a diabetic diet. I wrote and told them that I know for a fact that most of my problems would be helped by having this surgery due to I have lost weight before and was taken off all meds and then when the weight went back on so did my meds. I also know that my sister in law who had some of the same problems I have does not need the meds no longer due to she had the surgery 3 yrs ago and is not longer needing anything. I want to know if there is others that have medicaid that is also being denied and what they are doing to get it change around? Also is there others that have been denied before but have had them change their minds and have gotten it done? PLEASE if anyone has then let me know. I really need some help here. I cannot afford to pay for this and cannot afford the attorney fees.
Most Active