Madigan confuses me.....lol

Tanja Y
on 7/2/04 6:50 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I read about the psyche evals a couple people had......and I'm confused. The only thing I did was a group meeting, and it wasn't even really that. Only 2 of us showed up and the doc pretty much read from her notes and asked questions. Was that my psyche eval? When I saw my surgeon last week he said the only thing I still needed to do was have more bloodwork because the sutff I had already done was outdated and an ultrasound. There was one other thing he mentioned, but I'm drawing a blank right now to what it was. EKG maybe....who knows my mind is mush at this time. I read other people saying they had to have a sleep study, take a 500 question test for their psyche eval, ekg's, stress tests....all these tests that nobody has mentioned to me even once. And my surgery is this month. Is it just because Tri-Care didn't require it then? Back before they became Tri-West or is it because I'm not having the surgery done at a civilian hospital? Everything I've done has been in groups, except the last appointment with the surgeon. I know I've been juggled back and forth between surgeons, but they had my medical file, so surely they know what clinics I've been to and what tests have been performed. Guess I'll be calling and asking questions on Monday. They were suppose to call me in a "few" days and set up appointmens for the tests I still needed.....and that was 5 working days ago that they told me that.
JustHat
on 7/2/04 7:33 pm - NM
Part of it is because civilian doctors concider the tests important. And, part of it is because Tricare/TriWest (and all other insurance companies) require certain tests to be done. But, at Madigan, they don't need anyone's approval. You know how the military is. If they could figure out how to get use to give birth at a group meeting, they would do that too. You know that cattle approach is always best in the military.
Most Active