To sho*****t to shop????

sassy
on 7/2/04 5:09 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
With my surgery only two months away, I can't help but get that, let's go shopping itch, especially with my birthday in a few days. But my question is, do I go ahead and buy my regular size, or do I start buying smaller sizes, even if they are a size or two smaller? I know I am going to be dropping sizes, but I do not want to break my husband's pocketbook all the time. I was actually thinking about going to thrift stores or even goodwill, since 1.) it's way cheap and 2.) that's probably where they will be going when I am too small for them. I can't see going out and buying brand name stuff to only wear a week or two. Since his mom is going to be here, she said that she would make me some dresses and skirts for me too, which in itself is a blessing. So that will help in the financial area too.
Tanja Y
on 7/2/04 11:57 am - Wahiawa, HI
I'd say go ahead and buy a little something for now.........and then buy something for later, an outfit to look forward to wearing a month or two after your surgery. ~Tanja
skudoozie
on 7/2/04 1:08 pm - Elk, WA
I don't have a date yet. I see my surgeon next week and I think we will set a date then. I have also been in a quandry about buying clothes. I told my staff that they'd better get used to seeing me in the same jeans and t-shirts this summer because I didn't want to have to buy clothes at this point! For Fall, I think I will buy a couple of jumpers and shirts and call it good until after Christmas. Then "Hold me back from the credit cards!" Suzie
Rachael E.
on 7/2/04 1:16 pm
I too have had a big problem with this itch...I am a shop a holic...so instead I have been buying things for my kids... I love clothes, but I am so close to surgery I can't stand thinking about buying things right now....buy some nice PJ's for your hospital stay and some cozy slippers.....that should help ya a little. I am excited because I will get to go shopping in my closet for the first few months post op. I can't wait to wear all my nice clothes again....I feel like I look so drabby lately. Happy B-day...when is it??? Tell your little cute booger hi! Rachael
JustHat
on 7/2/04 7:44 pm - NM
Since I started having babies, I have dressed for function. Most of the 10 years prior to weaning my youngest last Sept. I was pregnant or nursing. When I got my body back last Sept., it took me a while to realize that my body was my own. It was about that time that I started to think about having surgery for real. About the same time I started the process, McChord's BX started making down some really nice pants and shirts. I was getting Liz C. for 75% off. I never really thought I would be approved, I guess. So, now I have a nice new wardrobe that will be too small in a few months, I hope. I did buy a fair amount of things that were too small. I figure the shirts will fit for a long while, but I have a big pile of pants that are just betting to be worn. Being a tightwade, I figure that it will kill me to give away new pants even if they are too big. But, a friend told me today that I will be so happy that I won't feel the pain. Now I just wish I would have bought those smaller sizes. But, buying new things was kind of therapudic for me. It kind of got me looking at myself and taking pride. And, it has not revolved to my wearing make up every day. I swear for so many years I had just given up and thought there was nothing better for me than to be dumpy. --Hat
catly
on 7/4/04 7:02 am - Everett, WA
Hi, I have been doing a really weird thing just the last month or so. I had been shopping on QVC but my husband helped me see how much I was spending so I slowed down. My surgery was June 23rd. A month or so before, I started ordering QVC stuff again, in my current size! I don't know why unless I think I will stay that size just this summer. But it is weird. I need to stop again, though I like the comfy things I got. LM
pinkpetunias
on 7/4/04 11:03 am - Duvall, WA
What can I say. I shop! Of course, I don't have kids or a husband so I spend on myself. sounds selfish but I work, I shop! I just had surgery on June 23rd and I shopped for the yrip (I went to Mexico). Now, I am already chomping at the bit to get some new stuff. Looks like I will hit the mall on tuesday. I suppose the answer to your question depends on what other priorities you have. Thinks more about yourself rather than the clothes. If you are not healthy nothing looks good, new or not!
Most Active