Nervous

Tanja Y
on 6/23/04 8:30 pm - Wahiawa, HI
After wanting this sugery, discussing it for hours with husband, and going thru the hassle of everything with Tri-Care/Madigan and being told I was just to wait for a date I finally got fed up. Last week I called and said I wanted a referral to get the WLS by a civilian doctor. They very next day they called and set up an appointment next week to see the surgeon and gave me a date at the end of July. After all this......waiting for over a year I have a sudden case of nerves. I know I need this, everything else I've ever tried has failed. My health isn't the greatest, my knees ache 24/7 and sometimes I walk like I'm in my 80's instead of 30's. I don't know which his worse, my excitement or my nervousness! I know I'm being silly, but my nerves are just going haywire!!!!!!!
calvoso
on 6/24/04 2:17 am - My hometown, WA
Tanya, The nerves are normal. We all had them. I can so relate to the bad knees. I was looking at a wheel chair or this surgery. I can tell you how much better I feel now, but my best advice would do as much research on this surgery as you can. If you've been looking at this surgery for over a year you're probably aware of the risks and benefits of this surgery so you've got all the tools to make the decision that's right for you. For myself, I was glad I worked through the nerves and saw the doctor. I've never looked back. If you didn't have the feelings of nerves and excitement I would be surprised for it's something all of us went through. Good luck. Calvin
sassy
on 6/24/04 6:06 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Ya know what, I went through the EXACT same thing with MAMC. I called and asked for a referral out, they set up my surgery date before I even met the surgeon, and said, there ya go. I was kinda like, well, had I known this would work a year and a half ago, I would have done it then. My surgery date is 01 SEP because I had to pu**** back because the DH will be in PLDC. That kinda bursted my little bubble, too, but I figured, if I had to sit and wait this long, another month couldn't kill me. Plus, they kept me on the "quick-list" so if someone were to back out between now and then, I could still have it done quicker. But if you need anything let me know! Good luck to you!!!
Tanja Y
on 6/24/04 7:13 am - Wahiawa, HI
Hi everyone. When they called me I swear my head was in shock. I feel like I've waited forever. Actually my hubby is in Iraq right now, I sure wish I could do the surgery while he's home, but it's just not gonna happen. He'll definately be surprised when he gets home. Hopefully I'll have lost enough that he'll be able to tell. He's worried about me doing it with him not here......but my younger sister and her hubby are gonna drive up and stay with me and pretend it's a vacation. When I had my last c-section at MAMC he had to practically drag me in there because I decided I wasn't gonna go thru with it Talk about a bad case of last minute nerves! LOL He's warned my sister tho, that she'll probably have to corral me in the door.....he did it with all 3 of my c-sections so he know's my MO.
sassy
on 6/24/04 1:46 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I am not trying to sound like a know it all, but if you want your husband home for the surgery, you can get him home. I am the FRG leader in my husband's company, and I know for a fact that they can get him here. I don't know if you are active in your FRG at all, but you should definately look into it. If I can help you, let me know.
Most Active