Tricare since 6-1

JustHat
on 6/21/04 5:39 pm - NM
Soon, my paperwork will be sent to Tricare for approval. Pam has had everything since last week. She had only been waiting on my Cortisol tests but said everything was ready as soon as it was received. With all of the changes (Tricare becoming TriWest), I am twice as nervous. I was wondering if anyone has applied for approval since the change over on 6-1? If so, how long did you have to wait and what were the results? Or, is anyone currently waiting on results? If so, how long have you been waiting?
Lambchop
on 6/22/04 7:30 am - Fairchild AFB, WA
Tricare is driving me nuts. I called today to check on my authorization and they told me that I was authorized. So I called the dr and it wasn't even the right kind of surgeon. I called my PCM and he told me everything he did was right and that the insurance was messed up and they were wrong. Insurance told me Dr was wrong. So tomorrow I guess I will talk to Tricare at the MTF. Hoped that it wouldn't be like this.
Chanise D.
on 6/23/04 9:38 am - Lakewood, WA
Please keep us posted on TriWest... I am a new member and my next appointment is on the 25th to see if I can get the ball . My PC gave me 3 months because she told me to try a South Beach Book..... I have been praying that she allow me to start the proccess and now this TriWest thing....My nerves are frazzeled. Also, what has been your progress thus far? Good Luck
JustHat
on 6/23/04 12:24 pm - NM
Hi Chanise. Check out my profile to see what I have done when. There are a few changes since TriWest has taken over like I could self refer to a psychologist for the psych eval and now you can't. But, it is all basically the same. Because of the waiting list at Madigan, I am going the civilian route. But, there are some here that are having Madigan do theirs. If you have any questions, let me know. Are you connected to McChord or Ft. Lewis?
Tanja Y
on 6/23/04 8:39 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I got approval MONTHS and MONTHS ago and was just on their long list. Last week I called and left a message stating I wanted a referral to get it done off post. The very next day they called me back with an appointment to see Dr. Carter next week and penciled me in for an OR next month. They even admitted I should have had surgery a long time ago and that I got "lost" in their system. So definately keep on them! I was being passive because the last two times I contacted them I was told be patient and that they'd contact me and was even spoken to very rudely by a clerk at the General Surgery Clinic (she made some comment about 'you gastric bypass people' that made me livid). I do know it had been so long since I was approved that they said I might have to re-do some of the clinics and all of the blood work that I'd had done a long time ago.
SunnyDayz
on 7/2/04 5:47 am
hey there I just wanted to answer the post about tri-care v tri-west.(cant find the original post anymore) My Dr submitted to tri care around mid May. It was not denied but sent back to be resubmitted after the June 1 change over. office resubmitted on june 1, I recieved my approval on june 30th from tri west. woo hoo!!! Surgery date of oct 11th!!!
Most Active