presurgery appointments today

catly
on 6/18/04 8:06 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, I had my pre-op appointments today (Paul McCartney's birthday, lol). Dr. Dellinger's nurse reviewed the pre-op and post-op stuff I needed to know. They aren't having me be on liquids ahead of time, taking a laxative or anything like that. I am surprised. I expected to take some yucky stuff. Though she read or told me what was in the little booklet, then handing it to Jim, I thought how much better it would be if they had this info in an accessible format--braille, cassette, ASCII text, Word document, reading it over the phone, I mean, seems like UW would be an ADA entity since they are a state hospital. I did not bring this up today as I have previously and right now, I do know that the main booklet is online so that part of it is accessible. I can always take my own notes as they're talking to me etc. But still....... I was surprised to discover that the dr. in preanesthesia's first name is Jasper! Of course he had to hear about our little black cat, Jaspur, who crosses our paths every day, lol. Another nurse did an ekg and got me with the first stick for a blood draw. Wow! Jim's important 11:00 Friday meeting was in progress, so he was on the phone participating. Nice they are flexible enough to allow him to do this. They will call me Tuesday afternoon with my surgery time. Wow, I can't believe it's finally so close, or frighteningly close! LM
sassy
on 6/19/04 11:31 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
You go girl!! I am so excited for you!! Your nerves my be like jell-o, I know mine are already and my surgery isn't until 01 SEP!! Still I hear all the details from everyone else and I get nervous because I know it will soon be me. Keep us informed and updated, and know that we are praying for you!!
Most Active