Derek Elliott UPDATE

Rachael E.
on 6/18/04 10:16 am
Hi guys, I just thought I would lte ya all know how my baby is. The pain is getting better. Last evening they finally started him in a new pain med. and it's working. THANK GOD! I have been there just about every hour since his surgery and I am pooped! Derek's Mom is with him right now so I can have some time with the boys and some much needed rest. They took the dressing off his incision today...WOW mamma! He has one big incision! I think I counted 30 staples...but they're spaced out about a 1/2 inch between each one some a little more. They started him on clear fluids today, he was very happy! It's hard to leave him, but I am dangerously tired. I will be back there in the AM after a good nights sleep. The hardest thing for him now is missing the boys, and wanting our own bed to sleep in. We aren't at all impressed with Madigan...actually I think we are mostly very discusted. We got into the room where they put him on the table and give him a sedative and then this Dr. Watts shows up....we were like um....Dr. Carter was doing his surgery and he said...nope I am. I allmost said...ok Derek let's go home. I ran him through the 5 billion questions and he passed with flying colors (and I was rough). Derek misses obesity help and thanks you all for all thr thoughts and prayers. You guys have been the best! We are hoping he can come home on Monday. I will kepp you all updated when I have the chance. Thanks again for everything! Rachael
karen C.
on 6/19/04 9:54 am - Kennewick, WA
Derek, Here's hoping every day finds you feeling better. Boy, is your home, bed, and family going to look wonderful to you when you get there. It will come soon. . . just remember that you are where you need to be right now, getting stronger. Soon you'll be home and making progress in your new journey. All the best to you, Rachael and your family, Karen
Most Active