Pacificare Insurance

Yvonne B.
on 6/17/04 10:30 am
I am looking for any information about Pacificare Insurance. Any experiences good or bad. I need to know what to do and not to do as far as they are concerned. Anyone with stories to tell, I would love to hear them. I live in Eastern Washington. Anyone here have Pacificare?
kathyg
on 6/17/04 11:45 am - Shelton, Wa
Yvonne, I have Pacificcare Insurance and my policy approved and paid 100% however my uncle works for the State of Washington and has Pacificcare and the policy thru the State does not pay for any WLS, I guess it just depends on what policy your employer has check your benefits book and see if it says it will pay for WLS if it is medically neccessary mine did his does not. KAthy -102.5
Yvonne B.
on 6/18/04 3:30 am
what is all the group numbers and names on your policy. I'm wanting to take it to my employer to see if they will change to Pacificare for all of us. So is your HMO, PPO or what?
Loser W.
on 6/25/04 9:13 am - Woodland, WA
Hi Yvonne, I previously had PacifiCare Insurance. The first was an HMO plan that did covered WLS, then they changed our corporate benefits to a PPO plan as of Jan '04 that would not cover WLS - it was in their exclusions. I know that the plans are different whether its a PPO, HMO, etc. Call the Plan administrator and find out if there are any exclusions to the WLS. If they do cover WLS, they will also tell you exactly what you'll need to do in order for it to be approved. Best of luck, Rox
Most Active