OK Washingtonians let's introduce ourselves....

lightlyspice
on 6/15/04 2:32 pm - Oak Grove, KY
Hi Kathy, my name is Gloria and I have lived in Washington state for almost 3 yrs. I have 3 girls and am a military wife. My husband has been in the Army for over 10+ years. I am planning to have RNY at Madigan for now, but I may end up changing those plans. I have been struggling with my weight mostly all of my life. I can't wait to be on the losing side. Hello once again and welcome.
Shelley G.
on 6/16/04 10:55 am - Wenatchee, WA
Hi. i only check the WA board once a week or so, but I'm on the main board at least twice a day. I am 45 years old, married, with daughters 15 and 18. I am scheduled for surgery on July 23 with Dr. Rawlins in Spokane. I am currently 5"8" and 338 lbs., and have hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea, asthma, arthritis, and a bunch of more minor problems. My husband has First Choice insurance through work, and they are wonderful to work with. I was approved within 36 hours of the time they received the requested information. I am looking foward to my surgery and the chance to have a new, healthy life. Nice to meet you all. Shelley
Paige A.
on 6/17/04 3:40 pm - gig harbor, WA
Hi, MY name is Paige. I live in Gig Harbor, i will be having a distal rny with dr. oh on 6/22/04. I have a beautiful 9 yr old son and his father and i are divorced but still friends...... I have been having leg, foot and hip pain, sleep apnea, depression and a bmi of 49. uuggg!! I work at Home Depot and was approved on the first attempt. talk to you all later........paige
astrutt920
on 6/21/04 6:53 am - Tacoma, WA
Hey there! I'm Angie and I live in Tacoma with my DH and 2 DD's, ages 14 and 10. I had my Lap RNY with Dr. Srikanth on April 13th, 2004 and (according to my scale) I am down 55+ pounds so far. The official weigh in is tomorrow morning, so I'll be back on to update my profile. Insurance? Blue Cross of California. Approved on the first try. So far, they have been good to work with. Hospital? St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way. The nurses were great, but I will never understand why they have to come in and check your vitals while you are sleeping! Complications? What complications? the only problem I am having is getting in all my fluids and proteins. Hair is starting to fall out due to lack of protein, so that's my main focus. The swelling in my legs is gone, the BP is down, the diabetes is gone, and (best of all for my DH) the snoring stopped almost immediately! Check back for more updates - Good to meet you all! Angie 280/220'ish/140 goal
Most Active